Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tre

JP is probably the most likely to get a shot in the NBA. He can shoot, handle the ball if needed, play defense and he hustles.

Tre can shoot 3s and thats about it. He was a liablility off the dribble and telegraphed majority of his passes.

The Kings are involved too, apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWI3KzfhHvM

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by kellernr View Post
    JP is probably the most likely to get a shot in the NBA. He can shoot, handle the ball if needed, play defense and he hustles.

Tre can shoot 3s and thats about it. He was a liablility off the dribble and telegraphed majority of his passes.
    JP was a career 35% from 3. He's never really been a good shooter and saying he plays defense is absurd. JP was an absolutely horrific defender.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    JP was a career 35% from 3. He's never really been a good shooter and saying he plays defense is absurd. JP was an absolutely horrific defender.
    He was good in the zone. Man to man he was slow. Tre was non existent on the defensive end.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    That is true, I was more or less questioning the chance of achieving “one of greatest shooters ever” status. Hes a real good shooter but not elite IMO. Hopefully he still makes a ton of cash playing ball.
    I just meant Korver was the ideal to strive towards. Trevon shot 42% from 3 and 85% from the line this year. If he can improve those numbers marginally he can play that role for someone.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    While I don't think either of them will play in the NBA, I do believer JP has a better chance at finding his way onto a roster than Trevon.

JP is a lot more versatile on the offensive end, more athletic, and as tough as they come.

I never thought TJ McConell would be in the NBA but yet there is and playing significant minutes. Ya just never know...
    Zip'em Up!

No question they both struggle a bit on defense.

And yes, JP is much more versatile on offense and is simply more tenacious than Tre. He's shown he is willing to go after and dive for any loose ball. Tre not so much. JP is scrappier, he passes better and he has the ability to help the team in many different ways. The other thing about JP is that he is willing to change his approach on office: He will find a different way to score (or help set up another teammate to be in a better position to score) if his initial approach is not working. He just won't give up.

After watching that video recently posted of his working out, I came away feel like JP is shooting as well as he ever did. I have a feeling he finds a way onto one of the NBA rosters.

We we all know Tre is as good at shoot 3s as anyone in college when he can find some separation. Unfortunately, we also know what typically happens to him in a game when he is guarded by a very goood, quicker defender (like he was in the FSU game).

I really hope they both somehow find a way to get a spot on an NBA roster though. Good luck to them both!

Quote Originally Posted by XUdenver View Post
    The Kings are involved too, apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWI3KzfhHvM
    Ya know...ya know.

I know tre lights up UC for 40.

Has JP had many workouts? They've been promoting Tre's workout lists all over Twitter/Insta, but haven't seen much in terms of JP.

Workouts aren't only huge for your draft prospects, but getting summer league invites as well.