Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    The successor to Reggie Butler
    #55!

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xucub View Post
    Jason Love is the epitome of what it means to be a Xavier player. Came in as a rough, raw talent. Played little in the early days. Stuck with it and by his senior year, had figured out his exact role within the program and played it perfectly. Nice defender, great rebounder. Walked away with a degree, an elite eight performance, and a couple sweet sixteens. Long live Jason Love!!
    Exactly.

He is just one of the examples why I point to how silly it is when XU fans write off X players who havent done much after only two years.

If I recall correctly Love was the one who fouled a Miami Ohio player shooting a three at the end of a close game that cause us to lose. He didnt have many fans his first few years but he is now looked back on with very fond memories.

Congrats to Mr. Love!
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Exactly.

He is just one of the examples why I point to how silly it is when XU fans write off X players who havent done much after only two years.

If I recall correctly Love was the one who fouled a Miami Ohio player shooting a three at the end of a close game that cause us to lose. He didnt have many fans his first few years but he is now looked back on with very fond memories.

Congrats to Mr. Love!

IF that was the game at Millet, then I was at that game with a young alumni group bus/trip. I recall it was pretty quiet ride home but they staill had beer left so we took out our frustrations.
    Zip'em Up!

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xucub View Post
    Jason Love is the epitome of what it means to be a Xavier player. Came in as a rough, raw talent. Played little in the early days. Stuck with it and by his senior year, had figured out his exact role within the program and played it perfectly. Nice defender, great rebounder. Walked away with a degree, an elite eight performance, and a couple sweet sixteens. Long live Jason Love!!
    Jason was a student in one of the grad school classes I teach at XU. He was a kind, humble gentleman and I can only hope that he returns to XU b-ball some day. If you remember, Jason went to a Quaker School for H.S. and had a lengthy commute to get a fine education. At X he got better each year and was an outstanding player his senior season. Quality guy. I also had the pleasure of teaching Anthony Hicks a grad school class after his XU career. Another man of character.

Wear blue at games!
    Birdman'71'76

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman71 View Post
    Jason was a student in one of the grad school classes I teach at XU. He was a kind, humble gentleman and I can only hope that he returns to XU b-ball some day. If you remember, Jason went to a Quaker School for H.S. and had a lengthy commute to get a fine education. At X he got better each year and was an outstanding player his senior season. Quality guy. I also had the pleasure of teaching Anthony Hicks a grad school class after his XU career. Another man of character.
    And I also had the honor of teaching GLADDENGUY!

Wear blue at games!
    Birdman'71'76

And I also had the honor of teaching GLADDENGUY!
    I'll ask the real questions here, what was his grade?? He had to have failed right ;)

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    I'll ask the real questions here, what was his grade?? He had to have failed right ;)

That information is protected by the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act.

Wear blue at games!
    Birdman'71'76

That information is protected by the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act.
    So, a "C" then?
    Zip'em Up!

I always liked Jason. I wish him well.

xu95