Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Top 100 recruits are always good for business, he's going to be a helluva player, Coach Hayes on the staff definitely is the major reason for this one, good stuff from Steele to find great assistants that can recruit, let's hope their player development is just as good!! Very excited about the news

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Top 100 recruits are always good for business, he's going to be a helluva player, Coach Hayes on the staff definitely is the major reason for this one, good stuff from Steele to find great assistants that can recruit, let's hope their player development is just as good!! Very excited about the news
    Yes.

First - Welcome to X Elias!

Just blown away with how Steele has made brilliant move after move since he was hired as head coach.

- Brings in assistants who can recruit well.

- Brings in several badly needed, very solid last minute transfers

- Gets the most coveted prospect his assistant was working to reel in to commit.

Boy, things are look pretty good indeed.

Well score one for Hayes, Johnson needs to put one in the commit column.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Yes.

First - Welcome to X Elias!

Just blown away with how Steele has made brilliant move after move since he was hired as head coach.

- Brings in assistants who can recruit well.

- Brings in several badly needed, very solid last minute transfers

- Gets the most coveted prospect his assistant was working to reel in to commit.

Boy, things are look pretty good indeed.
    He's certainly solidified his reputation as a recruiter. I'm anxious to see what the team looks like on the floor.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    He's certainly solidified his reputation as a recruiter. I'm anxious to see what the team looks like on the floor.
    Yes he has... and I too am quite excited to see how the new members mesh with the rest of the team. I'm particularly curious to see how the two transfer "bigs" mesh with the team. They just look so different from the rest of team (players who were highly rated recruits and who look a bit quicker and more athletic), but these somewhat unorthodox looking bigs may fit rather well (one looks to be a very good outside shooter and one looks to be unafraid to get physical in the paint).

To be fair, players like Stainbrook and Kanter didn't exactly "look" like they would fit with the team either, yet they were very instrumental in their X team's success. I suppose bringing in players who have skills that compliment those of players who are returning from last year makes more sense than bringing in players who have the same skill set (unless your team is loaded with players who can "do it all" unbelievably well like Nova had).

For what it's worth, the 2019 recruits seem a bit more similar to those players returning from last year.

I'd love to see us keep this momentum going and add another talented and athletic big and another deep threat in the 2019 class.
    Last edited by IM4X; 05-17-2018 at 11:23 AM.

Who was the recruiter of Stainbrook?
    Or was he just looking to transfer on a winning team?

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Who was the recruiter of Stainbrook?
    Or was he just looking to transfer on a winning team?
    Good question. Always thought it was Mack. but that's only because he was the one who spoke about him to the press.

Speaking of Stainbrook... I came across this old article about Matt transferring to X. It mentions how people from Xavier message boards were concerned that his style of play might not mesh well with the X team he was joining.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hus...stern-michigan
    Last edited by IM4X; 05-17-2018 at 12:22 PM.

Updated 247 rankings: Samari Curtis (92), Elias King (99).

Sophomore
    We're starting to get a few more crystal balls for armaan franklin now...

Really hope we can land Zeke Nnaji. That kid looks like a stud.
    Last edited by scoscox; 05-17-2018 at 01:58 PM.

If we get Franklin I bet we lose Curtis. Rivals has King at 50. Recruiting is someone’s opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk