Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaiser Gates

Sophomore
    wasn't he the reason Kyle Castiin came here from Columbia? In any event maybe I don't get the relation between college and the NBA anymore. When I look at Foster, Tre, Delgado, Ponds not going to combine I must be thinking of a different sport. Kaiser had potential and I have to wish him best of luck. I look back and he even played key minutes against Wisconsin as a freshman and a key in the elite 8. No need to knock. We are going to need a bigger impact from Welage, Castin and even Hankins to replace him.
    Last edited by whopper; 05-05-2018 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dubbledxu View Post
    I just hope he already has his degree and he is ok in his personal life. While I wish he had a more successful career at X, I wish him well going forward.
    Sadly as a 3rd year player, he does not have his degree. If he did, the Xavier University would proudly announce it.

If any college player grew up poor and has the opportunity to make money playing basketball in China or Europe or make $35,000 in for 5 months in G-League, I would not be surprised a lot of players wanting to go and make money. If i were in their shoes, it would be extremely tempting.

So much potential, so few results. Bon Vonage KG.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    If any college player grew up poor and has the opportunity to make money playing basketball in China or Europe or make $35,000 in for 5 months in G-League, I would not be surprised a lot of players wanting to go and make money. If i were in their shoes, it would be extremely tempting.
    Or, you could stay in college for one more year, get a degree and the. Put yourself in a position to make six figures for the rest of your working life.

This is just dumb.

But on the other hand, I won’t miss him. I thought he stunk last year.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Or, you could stay in college for one more year, get a degree and the. Put yourself in a position to make six figures for the rest of your working life.

This is just dumb.

But on the other hand, I won’t miss him. I thought he stunk last year.
    I don't think any player after graduation is guaranteed 6 figure income. If you look at all X graduates over past 20 years, I would guess less than 20% make six figures. BUT there is a chance.

Coach had a recruit at dinner Thursday night with players and coaches...maybe a late addition

I love Kaiser and his family. We have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. I was fortunate to have some time with them in Orlando a couple March’s ago. Great people, and I wish them well.

Walk-On
    As an X fan for 35 years, this might be the most ill-informed decision I've ever seen.

Junior
    Why is that? This isn't about the NBA.