Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Jacob Evans role IF he gets minutes:

Play defense
    Play smart
    Keep the ball moving
    Play defense
    Don't you dare shoot unless absolutely necessary
    Play defense

And he could be successful doing it on that team.
    The best shooting team in league history is going to give run to a guy they don’t trust to shoot? He’ll get zero floor time on that team if he can’t be a reliable shooter.

All-Conference
    Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    The best shooting team in league history is going to give run to a guy they don’t trust to shoot? He’ll get zero floor time on that team if he can’t be a reliable shooter.
    Huh?

They have plenty of reliable shooters. They don't need Jacob Evans to shoot. Nor did they draft him to shoot.

I'm not saying he can't shoot...I'm saying they don't need him to.
    Last edited by drudy23; 06-22-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Why can’t you be happy for Kaiser? If you bleed X blue I would think you would be happy for him, no?
    I hope like hell he makes it and has a great NBA career. I've been pretty clear that I think his decision was a bad one. I hope he proves me wrong.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    No kidding. As long as you look past teams laying off Draymond Green because he can’t shoot.

It’s a pretty good pick for them, IMO. He will be a pretty solid defender that can switch on a lot, I think he will see time.

Evans is not as polished, but he's exactly the same type of player as Iguodala. He's tough, has a handle and dribble in traffic, can hit an open 3, not afraid to rebound, and he plays defense right now better than many guys entering the league. His biggest issue is he wasn't trying to take over enough in his first seasons and deferred to others to get it done. His confidence is rising, though, and on the right team he can be really effective. I think he's a great fit for the Warriors. Patrick McCaw is likely out after last year's injury, and Iguodala might be out too either via trade or other avenue to save money.

I think Gates has a great opportunity to showcase his skills in the Bulls camp. They are shaping their offense around plays with a stretch 4, so hopefully things fall his way, but I think it's a long shot.

But there are plenty of cases where an unknown guy played his way onto a roster via summer league. If anything, a lot of Euro scouts are there as well.

Sophomore
    Was looking around for NBA teams' posts on the X guys, and stumbled upon this article. The oddness around Kaiser's time here continues... continually referring to his time at X as "that school."
    http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...-his-doubters/

"It’s hard to ignore statistical evidence when it comes to evaluating players, but misuse and fit could have been more prominent factors in this case. It’s something that happens quite a bit at school programs with prospects, and Gates believes that he could be added to that list of mishandled talent.

“I don’t think I’m inconsistent at all,” Gates said. “At Xavier, I know my stats showed that I was inconsistent. Playing at that school it was a great experience—great guys, great coaches.

“Just kinda like my situation and the way I was playing at that school didn’t really allow me to showcase my full talents, and with that being said, it’s kinda hard to stay consistent not doing something I’m used to doing.”"

All-Conference
    This doesn't make much sense to me from Kaiser's perspective.

He was a stretch 4. He didn't consistently make shots, and it would have REALLY helped if he did. He was the perfect weapon in our offense WHEN he's hitting shots. He's capable of making the 3, it stretched our offense, and pulled their bigs out.

Not sure what part of his game we didn't see, unless he's saying he wanted to play bigger (in the post) but the offense didn't allow it.

Kaiser wants to play in the NBA. He averaged 7 points per game last year and lost his starting job to a freshman. I doubt he's going to say, "I was a one dimensional player on offense who probably doesn't have the skills to make the NBA." Instead he must say, "I'm a really good player. My stats were so low because XU didn't use me properly. Just wait until a team uses me properly."

Sophomore
    That’s a good point, he really has to sell himself on why maybe he wasn’t great here. But he seems to be really sour grapes over his time at “that school”. I’m sure he could’ve sold himself in a much more appropriate way, which to me reads that he really actually wasn’t happy in his time here. Oh well.

Sophomore
    loved the team and look forward to this year. Depth is usually a blessing but both Gates and O'Mara saw a cut in time and continuity that with Naj and Karem who both played great. This has happened forever in sports(and in pros generates trades which can't happen in college) but neither was allowed to play through a cold spell which they may have without so much depth. We had a great season but would like to have 10 minutes total back(PC and FSU) not even a half. Damn