Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaiser Gates

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    Justin Martin and Kaiser Gates are the same person, no?
    Another good comp. he's just inactive offensively. Martin, Robinson, and Gates should have had to pay admission to the games, for as much as they stood around and watched.....

Justin Martin was not great defensively BUT he was consistent on offense. He won he Crosstown Shootout for us 1 year.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Justin Martin was not great defensively BUT he was consistent on offense. He won he Crosstown Shootout for us 1 year.
    Justin Martin was consistent? I remember that differently.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    1) Miles Bridges
    2) Donte DiVincenzo
    3) Kaiser Gates
    4) De’Anthony Melton
    5) Keita Bates-Diop
    6) Lonnie Walker

Kaiser Gates working out for the bulls with these other scrubs. The haters continue to be furious.
    Ha, yeah, especially considering some of those people legitimately thought he didnt even have a chance to make any money playing overseas.

Will he get drafted? Probably a long shot. Will he make an NBA team (drafted or not) probably a long shot. But Kaiser Gates will certainly be playing basketball for some decent money next year. Especially if he plays overseas as opposed to trying G-League route.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by webxu View Post
    I hope he gets drafted, heck I hope all 5 end up on NBA rosters, that would be great for X in the long term
    Amen, seeing our guys in the NBA means more exposure for the program. Kaiser is interesting, he'll definitely play overseas if he doesn't get drafted/G-League route, which like I said I don't think it WILL happen, but it wouldn't be the most shocking thing in the world. There's definitely a mental aspect to it, and I really think Kaiser has some untapped potential.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Justin Martin was consistent? I remember that differently.
    I think Justin Martin was consistently inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    A little off topic, but a bunch of people, don't know if they're honks of Clifton Collegiate High School or not, keep saying Jacob Evans is going to be a First Round pick. Really?

Evans showed me zero all year and was part of the problem, not the solution to Mickey Mouses crap offense. He totally disappeared against XU, ostensibly vs sub par defenders on our perimeter. He is certainly not as accomplished as Tre Bluiett or JP, but he's allegedly going first round?

I just don't see it. I think the kid has his head full of ish. But whatever. Not my concern. (Tea sipping Frog logo attached).
    Well this didn’t age well... I agree with your premise however. Unfortunately he is going to quite possibly the best culture for him or any young player.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Well this didn’t age well... I agree with your premise however. Unfortunately he is going to quite possibly the best culture for him or any young player.
    Now that’s a big old WTF? He must have really wowed in his personal workouts because I saw a lot of him this past year, on TV and in person, and I was never really impressed. Decent player with potential, but a 1st rounder? Well good for him. But doesn’t it say something about the coaching at UC that they had a 1st rounder playing guard for them, and still had trouble scoring?

Kaiser on Bulls summer league roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Kaiser on Bulls summer league roster.
    Not too bad for someone who couldn't even play on a seventh level Spanish team ***sarcasm font turned off***

xu95