Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaiser Gates

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    Yea it's definitely fairly common, but probably not the norm. I'd guess 35-40% of people 20 years in with a degree are at 100k+.
    I concede some do make 6 figures but I would confidently estimate 60-70% make under 6 figures after graduating from a 4 year university.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post

Also, just to add to some earlier points made........if you spent 4 years of your life getting an education and aren't taking advantage of that and making 6 figures once you have a chance to establish yourself, you likely either love what you are doing and money isn't all that important to you OR you're unambitious.
    Or maybe you work in a field where the average income is not as high as other fields? Who the heck are you, or anyone else, to judge someone's level of ambition or love of money? I LOVE money....but I love my family MORE. After spending many years working 60-70 hour weeks I realized that I had missed my daughter going through HS. I made a conscious decision to not do the same with my son. So I took on a different position with less hours and less money. I still maxed out what I could make in that position, but it was not near what I was making before. However, I had more free time to spend with my family, especially on the weekends. As I ran one of the most successful units in the country and was extremely profitable, with high sales, one cannot say that I was not ambitious or driven to succeed. I just measure success in different terms than others might. I don't judge ones level of ambition by how much they make, but in how well they perform. I was offered, and turned down, positions that would have meant a much higher level of income, but would have also meant working evenings, weekends, and holidays. it wasn't a lack of ambition, it was a difference of priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Or maybe you work in a field where the average income is not as high as other fields? Who the heck are you, or anyone else, to judge someone's level of ambition or love of money? I LOVE money....but I love my family MORE. After spending many years working 60-70 hour weeks I realized that I had missed my daughter going through HS. I made a conscious decision to not do the same with my son. So I took on a different position with less hours and less money. I still maxed out what I could make in that position, but it was not near what I was making before. However, I had more free time to spend with my family, especially on the weekends. As I ran one of the most successful units in the country and was extremely profitable, with high sales, one cannot say that I was not ambitious or driven to succeed. I just measure success in different terms than others might. I don't judge ones level of ambition by how much they make, but in how well they perform. I was offered, and turned down, positions that would have meant a much higher level of income, but would have also meant working evenings, weekends, and holidays. it wasn't a lack of ambition, it was a difference of priorities.
    Duly noted.

The context of my point was that is is entirely possible (to make 100K within 20 years of graduation) and within reach of many individuals if they so choose to invest the time, effort and energy to make that happen. If you have the skill set, drive and ambition to earn that amount yet choose to not go that route for whatever reason, that's your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Duly noted.

The context of my point was that is is entirely possible (to make 100K within 20 years of graduation) and within reach of many individuals if they so choose to invest the time, effort and energy to make that happen. If you have the skill set, drive and ambition to earn that amount yet choose to not go that route for whatever reason, that's your choice.
    Agreed. Depending on the field, ones skills, and ones performance, 100K is not out of reach for many.....but that is not limited to just those with a 4 year degree or even beyond. My wife never attended college, started in her company 36 years ago as a part-time employee, and now is a regional manger responsible for millions in sales and hundred of employees.....and makes over 100K per year. She travels a lot now and has her office in our house, but our kids are grown and she enjoys her job. She’ll keep doing it as long as she likes. On the other hand, I’m enjoying retirement. :).

Sophomore
    I get it, the board is bored. But what the hell is this conversation? I can’t believe how many times I’ve clicked on this thread with the eager anticipation of finding an interesting nugget on Kaiser and/or X hoops. But nope, each time I forget this had become a symposium on how much money we’re all supposed to be making. it’s like I am looking for the club sandwich I misplaced, and I keep walking into the same board meeting by mistake. Oh, so sorry. Don’t mind me. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    I get it, the board is bored. But what the hell is this conversation? I can’t believe how many times I’ve clicked on this thread with the eager anticipation of finding an interesting nugget on Kaiser and/or X hoops. But nope, each time I forget this had become a symposium on how much money we’re all supposed to be making. it’s like I am looking for the club sandwich I misplaced, and I keep walking into the same board meeting by mistake. Oh, so sorry. Don’t mind me. Carry on...
    the off season sucks!

Gates has hired an agent. He is no longer eligible to return. Case closed. What else is there to say on that subject?

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    it’s like I am looking for the club sandwich I misplaced, and I keep walking into the same board meeting by mistake. ...
    Maybe the sandwich is on a Kaiser roll.......
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Gates has hired an agent. He is no longer eligible to return. Case closed. What else is there to say on that subject?
    Not a damn thing!

Can he jump off one foot??

Was he athletic enough for the Big East??

Was he a douche in college??

The possibilities are endless.