Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaiser Gates

Kaiser Gates

Jonathan Givony is repotting he hired an agent. That changes things a bit next year.

8D0A5094-3AEA-4920-B701-7C830070A115.jpg
    - Bob Sacamano

Shocking that we didn't hear he hire an agent any time before this. Wondering if it was an accurate report.

Sophomore
    A361293A-87C8-41CF-8BD3-5DE48559F1E8.jpgA361293A-87C8-41CF-8BD3-5DE48559F1E8.jpg have absolutely no idea what this is saying, but... he also hasn’t been to class since March... and also, he picked up Trevon from there airport in a Bentley...
    Last edited by MITTENMUSKIE16; 05-04-2018 at 09:17 PM.

Good lord, if there was anyone who needed a fourth year of playing it was Kaiser. This could be the epitome of the wrong people in his ear.

I am disappointed, but now I really hope that last grad transfer qualifies to play. We need him now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior
    Ehh... he'll make money as a 3-and-D wing in Europe. It truly is Naji, Q and Scrizzle's team now.

Weak

Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    Ehh... he'll make money as a 3-and-D wing in Europe. It truly is Naji, Q and Scrizzle's team now.
    Maybe, and then it won't be in one of the top leagues. He needs to improve a lot.

He averaged 5.5 points and 3.8 rebounds in 3 years. He was a 36% three point shooter.

There's no guarantee a European club will be interested.

I have to wonder what’s going on behind the scenes. How does Gates get along with all the coaches? Who is he tight with? What’s he feeling about the younger guys? It just seems he’d be better off staying, both for him and for X.

Junior
    I imagine he hired an agent strictly for the oversees connections/is happy with the NBA-G league money. I actually think it will become a trend to leave early despite very little chance at being drafted especially if the G-League route ever becomes a thing. They just raised the minimum salary to $35,000 for the 5 month regular season. While obviously that doesn't seem like a lot, it can be good for college kids. Player development could be better with all focus on basketball, more time in the gym and around coaches. I don't think its a bad decision and for some it could make them more attractive to be signed oversees where I think Gates could have a fine career.

Junior
    Maybe Steele hinted he wasn't big in next year's plan. Those 3 grad guys are all going to want to play.