Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2018 NFL Draft

Chubb, Von Miller and Shaquil Barrett, Denver should have a decent pass rush.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Bengals and their entire organization is handicapped by an incompetent loser of an owner. Things will NEVER change until he steps away.
    Truth.

I would love it if the Bengals traded UP (i know - yeah right) to get Hernandez tonight. It won't happen though. The Bengals have 11 picks and I can guarantee you not all of the 11 will make the opening day roster or practice squad. Why not use some of the picks as capital to move up to get a guy who you really want? The Bengals never think that way. They make me puke. But I still remain a Bungles fan. It's sad.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I think Jackson was a too big a risk for a GM in the top half of the first round. However, the Ravens have to be absolutely thrilled to be getting a potential generational talent at #32. And if he doesn't work out? GMs don't get fired for the #32 pick being a bust.
    Completely agree. If my team was one of those needing a QB, I would have dreaded them using an upper half pick on Mayfield or Allen. We'll see how the Browns and Bills make out as the Browns had Darnold & Rosen available and the Bills had Rosen available. But what do I know, they're the football experts and I'm only a college basketball message reader and occasional poster.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I think Jackson was a too big a risk for a GM in the top half of the first round. However, the Ravens have to be absolutely thrilled to be getting a potential generational talent at #32. And if he doesn't work out? GMs don't get fired for the #32 pick being a bust.
    Plus Ozzie Newsome is retiring after this year anyway. And he is widely regarded as one of the best drafting GM's ever.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    As a Giants fan I was happy they took Barkely, should be the "sure thing", but it will absolutely suck that no matter how good Barkley turns out, if Darnold is a SB winning HOF QB, they made the wrong pick.

Please be a bust Darnold.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    As a Giants fan I was happy they took Barkely, should be the "sure thing", but it will absolutely suck that no matter how good Barkley turns out, if Darnold is a SB winning HOF QB, they made the wrong pick.

Please be a bust Darnold.
    Despite how much I like the kid, I’m with you. I don’t need the next Brady to own the AFCE for the next 15-20 years. My Bills got Allen, a sad consolation prize, like that lottery ticket in your Christmas stocking that never pays off.
    Last edited by xu82; 04-27-2018 at 08:27 PM.

So, maybe the browns were just confused about which Chubb they wanted
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Quote Originally Posted by SM#24 View Post
    I like the two LA QBs; I think Rosen will do well in ARZ. I think Mayfield & Allen are big question marks, I'd actually prefer rolling the dice with Lamar Jackson over those two.
    The Browns should fire their GM and hire SM#24. The Browns could have had Lamar fucking Jackson, and instead they have Baker Mayfield. Lol Browns.

In fairness, every other team blew their chance as well.

The Browns should fire their GM and hire SM#24. The Browns could have had Lamar fucking Jackson, and instead they have Baker Mayfield. Lol Browns.

In fairness, every other team blew their chance as well.
    Yea, I knew Lamar was good, but who had any clue he was this good?

I feel this style of play is going to be the norm in the NFL in 5 years if not sooner.

African-American quarterbacks will represent 75-80% of that starting position within that time frame.

Book it!