Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: D. West

D. West

Now that DFW has another NBA Championship ring and a history of greatness (2-time NBA All-Star, College POY, 3-time All-American, A-10 POY, etc., etc., etc.), will he decide to return to XU, filling out the vacant slot as Assistant Coach on Travis Steele's excellent Staff? What 4- or 5-star big man would not want to take advantage of all the class, skill, and knowledge that West has to offer to those looking to work the paint in the NBA?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by muskienick View Post
    Now that DFW has another NBA Championship ring and a history of greatness (2-time NBA All-Star, College POY, 3-time All-American, A-10 POY, etc., etc., etc.), will he decide to return to XU, filling out the vacant slot as Assistant Coach on Travis Steele's excellent Staff? What 4- or 5-star big man would not want to take advantage of all the class, skill, and knowledge that West has to offer to those looking to work the paint in the NBA?
    I think DWest has some more mileage in the league.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by xufan02 View Post
    I think DWest has some more mileage in the league.
    I think he's done. No idea what he'll do next, but I suspect he'll retire as an NBA player now.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    My understanding is that DWest will not be joining the XU coaching staff.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by muskienick View Post
    Um no. Only if he wants to start at the bottom and be a graduate student-assistant.
    James Posey went to the CAVS and he has had similar or better NBA championship performances. He stayed with the pros.

I bet West sticks with the pros like Posey. He has never recruited a high school player ever in his life so maybe he could start at the bottom but he is in his mid 30's and may want to make high 5 or low 6 figure income as an intelligent assistant for the pros.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Um no. Only if he wants to start at the bottom and be a graduate student-assistant.
    James Posey went to the CAVS and he has had similar or better NBA championship performances. He stayed with the pros.

I bet West sticks with the pros like Posey. He has never recruited a high school player ever in his life so maybe he could start at the bottom but he is in his mid 30's and may want to make high 5 or low 6 figure income as an intelligent assistant for the pros.
    Yeah I see that as the more likely route, and then maybe after a few years as an assistant POSSIBLY come back to X, but I just don't see him wanting to do the grad student route at this stage. He got himself two rings though, which he fully deserved. Who knows if he wants to chase one more with Golden State? He did allude to a lot of drama that went on behind the scenes with that team.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Relax, bud. It wasn't serious.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Yeah I see that as the more likely route, and then maybe after a few years as an assistant POSSIBLY come back to X, but I just don't see him wanting to do the grad student route at this stage. He got himself two rings though, which he fully deserved. Who knows if he wants to chase one more with Golden State? He did allude to a lot of drama that went on behind the scenes with that team.
    I'm sure DFW had to put his foot up Draymond's worthless ass regularly.

Junior
    Yeah, David West looked kind of done when he was on the floor. Love him, but he might be done.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I'm sure DFW had to put his foot up Draymond's worthless ass regularly.
    You aren't kidding, I have no idea how anybody can put up with that insufferable douche.