Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I looking at 5-6 draft projection sites and only 1 has 4 Nova guys.

Most have only Brunson and Bridges in Round 1 and that's it. No mention of Spellman and DiVincenzo.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post

Most have only Brunson and Bridges in Round 1 and that's it. No mention of Spellman and DiVincenzo.
    Spellman just declared and he’s like 21. He has to go. DiVencenzo is projected first round by nbadraft.net.

FWIW, Booth already announced that he is coming back.
    Balls of Steele!!

Bleacher report

Nbadraft.net

Sports Illustrated

There are dozens of mock drafts and it’s early still. My opinion is that Spellman is a guy that would move up boards with workouts more than most prospects due to size and his ability to stretch the floor. He’s a good athlete but not elite per se, so an extra year at nova to be the man might get him into lottery zone. If I were him I would leave however due to age. Donte should also leave... stock won’t get much higher.

Wouldn’t bother me a bit if they all left! Heck, take the student manager and cheerleaders too! Don’t forget the coach. I’m sure he can get an NBA job. Then put the whole school on double secret probation!

Not serious.....just jealous.

They have a top recruiting class coming in. I’m sure they will be just fine. Just hoping that the new coach at X can reverse the record of the old coach, when it comes to Villanova. Best of luck to all of the players entering the draft. I hope they are all 1st round picks. (As that would mean they probably wouldn’t be coming back!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Bleacher report

Nbadraft.net

Sports Illustrated

There are dozens of mock drafts and it’s early still. My opinion is that Spellman is a guy that would move up boards with workouts more than most prospects due to size and his ability to stretch the floor. He’s a good athlete but not elite per se, so an extra year at nova to be the man might get him into lottery zone. If I were him I would leave however due to age. Donte should also leave... stock won’t get much higher.
    Right only one of those has all 4 .....NBAdraft.net

He reminds me a bit of Boris Diaw.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Yes he did redshirt........he is by far their best pro prospect. It really isn't even close.
    Eh Bridges is probably a top 10 pick this year. I'd say he is a pretty good pro prospect.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Right only one of those has all 4 .....NBAdraft.net
    I think we are splitting hairs here. If all four declare then all four will be drafted. If one or two of them go at the top of the 2nd round rather than the end of the first that doesn’t really change the argument that they will have four players drafted and be a different team next year. Also the thought that you want to be a first rounder because of a guaranteed deal is a dated argument due to the recent salary cap increases and flexibility of being a 2nd round pick if you pan out. You hit free agency earlier and it’s not uncommon to see 2nd round picks make more money than most first rounders.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    I think we are splitting hairs here. If all four declare then all four will be drafted. If one or two of them go at the top of the 2nd round rather than the end of the first that doesn’t really change the argument that they will have four players drafted and be a different team next year. Also the thought that you want to be a first rounder because of a guaranteed deal is a dated argument due to the recent salary cap increases and flexibility of being a 2nd round pick if you pan out. You hit free agency earlier and it’s not uncommon to see 2nd round picks make more money than most first rounders.
    Yes, I was simply approaching this from the perspective that if Spellman isn't going to be a sure 1st round pick, he's likely NOT going.

He would be foolish to do so considering he could really blow up next year and be a top 10 pick