Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Armaan Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by mistabeecee41 View Post
    Kennedy is already for sure going to a Texas school, regardless of anything that happens with Armaan Franklin
    Wouldn’t surprise me, but one thing I’ve learned over the years is that nothing is “for sure”. Even a signed LOI means nothing. Ridder even showed up for school and began classes, then transferred. We’ve had players take a redshirt year and then transfer and diasappear. Players with no chance of getting drafted leave school early and go pro. I enjoy watching the recruiting whirlwind blow around, but I don’t let myself get caught up in absolutes. Especially when discussing the future of 17-18 (or even younger) kids. They can change their minds in an instant and for what appears to be no reason. Who really knows what is in the mind of Kennedy? I doubt that he is even sure most of the time. We should just wait and see. The only things “for sure” is that Xavier WILL have a team next year, and that they will compete, and that they will win some games. Who will make up that team? How well will they compete? How many games will they win? Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Wouldn’t surprise me, but one thing I’ve learned over the years is that nothing is “for sure”. Even a signed LOI means nothing. Ridder even showed up for school and began classes, then transferred. We’ve had players take a redshirt year and then transfer and diasappear. Players with no chance of getting drafted leave school early and go pro. I enjoy watching the recruiting whirlwind blow around, but I don’t let myself get caught up in absolutes. Especially when discussing the future of 17-18 (or even younger) kids. They can change their minds in an instant and for what appears to be no reason. Who really knows what is in the mind of Kennedy? I doubt that he is even sure most of the time. We should just wait and see. The only things “for sure” is that Xavier WILL have a team next year, and that they will compete, and that they will win some games. Who will make up that team? How well will they compete? How many games will they win? Who knows?
    Though I one hundred percent agree with this sentiment, I only keep up with recruiting in the off-season because if I didn't have it, it would be so boring without something to get me excited!! Ugh, at least only 100 days until college basketball

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    because if I didn't have it, it would be so boring without something to get me excited!!
    You got to get out more often.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    You got to get out more often.
    Summer semester for medical school man; trust me, I wouldn't be posting on here if I were home.

....has narrowed his choice down to Xavier, Indiana, and Perdue...per twitter on Rivals

I like Franklin. I think he is going to be a good combo guard. All that said, I just watched some Odom footage. That kid can play. He is the PG of the future as long as we get him. Franklin would play more off the ball and back up Odom after he arrives.

Sophomore
    That's good news, and it still seems like out of those three we have been in the lead. I'm wondering if it's more likely we get 2 guards, King, and Ramsey, or 1 guard, king, Ramsey + another big. Seems like we will definitely be bringing in 4 guys if it turns out how the coaches expect it.

If Franklin ends up committing, wonder what that means for the handful of other guards/CGs were in on in the '19 class, i.e. Beverly, Gaffney, KyKy Tandy, Quinones, etc. I'd assume its just whoever is first to give their commitment. Hard to see two guards that aren't true PGs (though I think Beverly is a true facilitator). Lots of good names on the board with X highly involved.

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Franklin is still listed as a Xavier lean (87%) on 247. Daniel Ramsey (PF) and Jalen Thomas (C), both 4-star recruits, are listed as solid Xavier (100%). A class with King (SG), Franklin (CG), Ramsey (PF), and Thomas (C)...all 4-stars...would be a great class for 2019.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Franklin is still listed as a Xavier lean (87%) on 247. Daniel Ramsey (PF) and Jalen Thomas (C), both 4-star recruits, are listed as solid Xavier (100%). A class with King (SG), Franklin (CG), Ramsey (PF), and Thomas (C)...all 4-stars...would be a great class for 2019.
    It would be one of the top classes in the conference, and would set us up for the future very well. We definitely need the big men to commit though, we're thin there, but Franklin leading towards Xavier is important.

Sophomore
    Would love to see a class of Franklin, King, Ramsey, and one other traditional big, whether it be Jalen Thomas, or one of the new guys we've seen pop up like Robert Jones or Kadin Shedrick. That would put us at 11 scholarship players. More you look at it, we need a traditional five and a four that can also play the five pretty badly. A four man class puts us at 11 for next year if no one leaves.