Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Back to UC, this article would be about SucKS if they somehow got into the Big 12.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ols/736222002/

A77D7442-5301-44F7-B615-812CC08A94AB.jpg
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Back to UC, this article would be about SucKS if they somehow got into the Big 12.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ols/736222002/

A77D7442-5301-44F7-B615-812CC08A94AB.jpg
    The more I think of it, the less I see it happening, the only school that would truly enjoy UC in the Big 12 is WVU, and that's due to proximity and a old "rival".. I use that word very loosely here btw. The rest wouldn't really care too much, and I would think would rather have a UCF, USF, etc. to open up a Florida pipeline and get the exposure of the population of Florida. Ohio State is going to rule king in football in Ohio, and even with UC in the Big 12, I doubt it would reach enough viewers to be meaningful.

this is so unfair to those students who pay their tuition..

I just looked this up. According to the Chronicle of Higher Education UC has not raised it's tuition since 2014. They've actually barely raised it at all since 2007. I think out of state has gone up about $3k since then, and in-state has gone up about $1k. Sports aside, basketball aside, and rivalries aside, I really have to applaud UC as an institution for making what I think is an obvious effort to not burden the students by continuing to raise tuition year after year after year like so many other schools have done. Whatever it is they're spending their money on, and however much it is that they're spending, they're not milking the students as a means of getting it. All this handwringing about how this is such a burden on students is either misinformed, or a flat out false insinuation by someone who wants to push their own agenda. In a time where so many schools have been raising tuition, UC hasn't been. Good for them.

Now, it is ENTIRELY fair to question what cuts they've been making in order to pay for some of this athletics stuff. But, they haven't been raising tuition.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Have they been however, raising "student fees?"
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Have they been however, raising "student fees?"
    That's part of the tuition. If they have, then they've been lowering fees for something else.

EDIT: Funny, yet sad, story. There was once a div1 university that charged athletics fees. People freaked out. So, they decided to do away with athletics fees and nearly double the "student activities fees." Everyone was happy. The athletic department ended up with way more money and no one complained.
    Last edited by xubrew; 02-27-2019 at 10:39 AM.

"FREE COLLEGE FOR EVERYONE"- Bernie Sanders and AOC.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    "FREE COLLEGE FOR EVERYONE"- Bernie Sanders and AOC.
    Now, now MOR. Everyone should get to experience 13th grade.

Yunno, I do kind of wonder if, or when, American students will realize that there are A LOT of colleges in Europe that they can go to for free. It's not a typical American college experience, and I know a lot of people want that, but living in Greece, or Germany, or Sweden, or France, or Denmark while going to school for free is hardly a bad experience. Travel to and from may bet a little pricey, but nowhere near the cost of what it costs for most students to go to school over here.

What confuses me is how my kid gets essentially a free ride offer from out of state schools and very little from in-state schools. Ohio has something wrong with it.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!