Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    If that stadium was in the SEC, the visiting team could buy all the seats...and it would be a home game on the road.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    The renovation was simply to become more attractive to power 5 conference. IF they go to one in the next few years (and I assume Big 12 is the only one they'd go to?) then it will become worth it.
    They won't be going anywhere that's P5. If they end up in the Big 12 it will be cause Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas bolted. Big 12 isn't a power conference without Texas and Oklahoma. Big 12 will be AAC 2.0

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    If that stadium was in the SEC, the visiting team could buy all the seats...and it would be a home game on the road.
    Like they all do at Vandy.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Like they all do at Vandy.
    To be fair, Georgia did that to Notre Dame too this past season.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    The renovation was simply to become more attractive to power 5 conference. IF they go to one in the next few years (and I assume Big 12 is the only one they'd go to?) then it will become worth it.
    The Big 12 rights are up in 2022 I believe?? That's when people are assuming Texas and Oklahoma are going to bolt. If they happen to get a bid before that, which is a huge IF, it would be WVU trying to get a closer conference mate for all the flying/traveling they have to do, but even then I don't see Texas and Oklahoma pulling the trigger. I would much more realistically see them going after somewhere they could have a good market in, such as UCF, who's football program is fine.

I would say the chances are very slim for UC to get an invite to the Big 12. Maybe three to five years ago when they were halfway decent, but thanks to Tommy they can't beat their way out of a paper bag now. And it isn't like bringing in UC would bring in a TV market that will help them.

xu95

The Big 12 was considering expansion because for some strange reason it meant more money per school until the end of their TV deal, and they wanted a championship game that they could sell to the networks.

It looks as though they assessed the situation and decided that while more money in the short term would be nice, it probably wasn't worth stomping all over the good faith they have with the network now because it could have come back to bight them later on. And...they got their championship game and sold it to Fox. I think they're happy with the way things are now.

Our basketball game against Cincinnati (coincidentally), which I thought was set up to lead into the Big 12 Championship game on the flagship network and score a huge rating, ended up instead being relegated to FS1. So, screw the Big 12!!!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

The ACC has its own issues: https://fansided.com/2018/03/27/rams...ost-5-billion/

Seriously, this entire collegiate facilities/media arms race thing is totally out of hand.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    The ACC has its own issues: https://fansided.com/2018/03/27/rams...ost-5-billion/

Seriously, this entire collegiate facilities/media arms race thing is totally out of hand.
    The Rams are going to CRUSH everyone in the ACC let alone the rest of D1 football programs.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    The Rams are going to CRUSH everyone in the ACC let alone the rest of D1 football programs.
    We're talking the FORDHAM Rams, of the A......10 right?
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    The Rams are going to the ACC?? Things are getting out of hand. I mean, just look at how far outside the geographic footprint they are!
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White