Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

The Masters 2018

The greatest therapy for the end of the college basketball season has begun. With people pretending Tiger Woods is one of the favorites, the anticipation for this year's Masters is pretty well off the charts. The par three yesterday with Watson winning and GT Nicklaus's ace was pretty legendary. Should be a great tournament.

I'll go with Justin Thomas, although I think I actually bet Matsuyama. Ryan Moore currently on pace to shoot -72. That would be a record.

You always said that Vegas knows what it's doing (???).
    As they have Tiger and Speith at 10/1, I'm going with Tiger just to make it fun to watch.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

All-Conference
    While I haven't bought into the Tiger hype the last few years, he does look like a different golfer, much more resembling the old Tiger vs. the battered, head-case Tiger.

I don't think he will win, but it will be great drama if he's in contention on the back 9 on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    You always said that Vegas knows what it's doing (???).
    As they have Tiger and Speith at 10/1, I'm going with Tiger just to make it fun to watch.
    Oh, I think Vegas knows exactly what it's doing. It's planning to print money from milking all the Tiger bettors.

Dustin Johnson. Period
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I'd like to see Thomas win, but I fear McIlroy will.

I hope Tiger's in contention on Sunday. I don't think he will but it would be interesting to see how the young guys like Thomas and Speith react with him lurking.

Supporting Member
    Overall, I love the masters but there is a part of it that pisses me off. All week all I hear is that one of their goals is to grow the game. That seems extremely counterintuitive to their actions in that they don't have live coverage until 3pm every day except Sunday where they start at 2, and now they are cracking down on online ticket sales, making the event even more exclusive.

Anyways, I'm going Rose or Spieth. Rory is in good form but I don't think he is a good enough putter to ever win a green jacket.
    Last edited by Xville; 04-05-2018 at 09:03 AM.

Lets see:

All these guys are playing well going into the tourney:J. Thomas, Mickelson, Woods, McElroy, Bubba, Speith (last week), Kisner, Noren, Kuchar.........man tough to pick just one.

Lefty's have an advantage at Augusta and if you have length, even better. My pick: Bubba, even though I cant stand him

Vijay is leading. Only 70 holes to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Overall, I love the masters but there is a part of it that pisses me off. All week all I hear is that one of their goals is to grow the game. That seems extremely counterintuitive to their actions in that they don't have live coverage until 3pm every day except Sunday where they start at 2
    I'm watching online right now.