DePaul being investigated by the NCAA

From the WTF department:

DePaul University athletic department being investigated by NCAA: Report (Chicago Sun Times)

Developing Story: NCAA investigates DePaul Athletics (The DePaulia)

DePaul? I'm not sure what it's related to; the stories don't mention the FBI probe. But, is this the best they could do while cheating? Or maybe the NCAA is preparing to levy its wrath from the Louisville investigation all against DePaul.

Maybe they were illegally tanking because they thought it would improve their standing for the draft? That’s all I can come up with.....

Supporting Member
    Typical hypocritical move by the NCAA. Wont affect their bottom line so they will throw the book at them while the big boys continue to cheat over and over and over again and virtually nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Typical hypocritical move by the NCAA. Wont affect their bottom line so they will throw the book at them while the big boys continue to cheat over and over and over again and virtually nothing happens.
    Yeah, can they wrap up the important ones going on with the blue bloods before taking out frustration on DePaul??? Also what the hell is DePaul doing to cheat, I'm really confused as to HOW this is happening..

They had bogus classes for athletes...and forgot to let some regular students register for them.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    They had bogus classes for athletes...and forgot to let some regular students register for them.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Last edited by STL_XUfan; 04-02-2018 at 09:38 PM.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack