Page 81 of 86 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 858
  1. #801
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Transfers and ineligible players from last years class, maybe the walter situation from this year, losing kaiser, and missing on a few guys last year all added up, plus crandall would be our 13th scholly I think, so adding a 4th transfer is more of a luxury than a necessity
    Excluding Walter, Xavier has 10 scholarship players for next year.

  2. #802
    Freshman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Iím disappointed that Crandall didnít choose X. What makes me more concerned is that weíre trying to pickup our 4th grad transfer for next year...How does this happen with very good program like X? Storied program...no, but better than this.

    Donít know what situation was in 2015 recruitment with Gates being the only one signed, but what happened to X in recruiting after what was considered our best year in 2014 (minus last year...what and see). If this has already been discussed, please disregard ...
    While I understand the frustration over what led to the situation (previous recruiting classes, transfers, etc.), I would rather not enter the season with only 5 (4.5) returning players and 2 freshmen. Steele did what he had to do to put together a competitive roster for the season. It shouldn't have happened, but it did. It shouldn't, and most likely won't, be an annual occurrence.

  3. #803
    Administrator XUOHTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Big D, Texas
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    Did Miller and Mack both swing and miss on a recruiting class or two and then decide that they can't recruit at Xavier?
    I would be interested in more digging on this theory.
    I put the X in Texas. @fleckd.

  4. #804
    Fact is, The day X gets a final four things will change. Gonzaga got the monkey off of its back and look at Few now. He isnít killing it but he gets who he wants. That is impressive with the conference and location.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #805
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Edgewood, KY
    Posts
    1,039
    What is the deal with Walter?

  6. #806
    Junior
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincypunk.org View Post
    What is the deal with Walter?
    From the limited news, he appears to be accused of _____________t. Not much is really public because he (and the alleged victim?) are/we're minors.

  7. #807
    Supporting Member GIMMFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,390
    Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    While I understand the frustration over what led to the situation (previous recruiting classes, transfers, etc.), I would rather not enter the season with only 5 (4.5) returning players and 2 freshmen. Steele did what he had to do to put together a competitive roster for the season. It shouldn't have happened, but it did. It shouldn't, and most likely won't, be an annual occurrence.
    Yeah agreed, it's just unfortunate circumstances to where we have to go after grad transfers, it's not ideal, but Steele has done well into filling out the roster for this year and beyond. Also lost Gates this year which we didn't expect, so that didn't help, plus Bordeaux changing his mind. It shouldn't and won't be happening often, the bright side is that we're still in on some impressive 2019 recruits, which means we're still trending upwards.

  8. #808
    Sophomore
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    From the limited news, he appears to be accused of __________lt. Not much is really public because he (and the alleged victim?) are/we're minors.
    Where are you seeing "limited news".
    I have found absolutely nothing on it and we probably shouldn't post about it without sources in the media

  9. #809
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    Did Miller and Mack both swing and miss on a recruiting class or two and then decide that they can't recruit at Xavier?
    I think this is the case to an extent. We get good guys but not the NBA ready player. Of course this program was not built on that and getting those kids guarantees nothing... look at LSU 2 years ago. I really think X needs to explore the international scene to get to the next level

  10. #810
    Supporting Member 94GRAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dana's
    Posts
    2,251
    Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    I think this is the case to an extent. We get good guys but not the NBA ready player. Of course this program was not built on that and getting those kids guarantees nothing... look at LSU 2 years ago. I really think X needs to explore the international scene to get to the next level
    Pleaase name for us the programs that went Internatinal to get them to the "next level."
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •