Page 75 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    So are we assuming now that Harden and Walter will be on the roster next season? And is there any word on Geno Crandall from ND?
    Is there a reason to think harden won’t be on the roster next year? That brief rumor was quickly shot down.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    Is there a reason to think harden won’t be on the roster next year? That brief rumor was quickly shot down.
    Then why are you asking?

I think a lot of people on here see only what we saw last year. Scruggs and Marshall are ready to take over already, both will be 21. If we get some outside shooting and don’t crap the bed inside, I believe we will be a good team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Castlin played outside wing at Columbia and his assist average per 40 minutes was 1.8 per game. BUT I believe that was partially due to what was asked of him.

His defensive reputation tells me he's got some quickness. If he had to play point guard I'm sure he could handle it while Q or Scruggs get a rest. Castlin has seen a lot of basketball already and can learn this season. His career turnover average per 40 minutes is 1.9. That's someone who doesn't give up the ball a ton. So hopefully he learns a few plays and can find an open man when we need it.

I'd rather have another PG if Scruggs is going to start, but I think we'll be okay, barring a big injury. (It still could be Harden or another guard at SG.)

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    I think a lot of people on here see only what we saw last year. Scruggs and Marshall are ready to take over already, both will be 21. If we get some outside shooting and don’t crap the bed inside, I believe we will be a good team.
    I had to look this up to see if it was true. Both will start their sophomore season at 20 and end it at 21. Not to be that guy... but I can't imagine either player sticking at Xavier for 4 years. You just don't often see high level recruits playing in college at 23. I'm sure they can cement some pretty good legacies in 2 or 3 years though and who knows, maybe they'll shock us. Quentin and Tyrique will be 21 for the length of their junior seasons FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Castlin played outside wing at Columbia and his assist average per 40 minutes was 1.8 per game. BUT I believe that was partially due to what was asked of him.

His defensive reputation tells me he's got some quickness. If he had to play point guard I'm sure he could handle it while Q or Scruggs get a rest. Castlin has seen a lot of basketball already and can learn this season. His career turnover average per 40 minutes is 1.9. That's someone who doesn't give up the ball a ton. So hopefully he learns a few plays and can find an open man when we need it.

I'd rather have another PG if Scruggs is going to start, but I think we'll be okay, barring a big injury. (It still could be Harden or another guard at SG.)
    Do I understand correctly that Castlin averages 1.8 Assists per 40 minutes, and 1.9 TOs per 40 minutes. And your comment is that he doesnt give up teh ball a ton? Is that right?

My interpretation is that doesnt GET the ball a ton, and when he does, he's more likely to create a turnover than an opportunity for someone else. just based on this, I dont see him as an option as a rotation ballhandler.

Maybe he got a lot of "hockey assists", because at 2 A and 2 TOs per 40 minutes, apparently he didn't make much happen (good or bad) with the ball in his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Maybe he got a lot of "hockey assists", because at 2 A and 2 TOs per 40 minutes, apparently he didn't make much happen (good or bad) with the ball in his hands.
    Or, he just didnt have the ball in his hands, which I think is the most likely scenario.

By the way, I don't think he needs to be Scottie Pippin or anythign like that. i just dotn think his past performance suggest that he's a guy that can ball handle and run an offense. i'm sure he'll have an improtant role, but probably not emergency PG

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Or, he just didnt have the ball in his hands, which I think is the most likely scenario.

By the way, I don't think he needs to be Scottie Pippin or anythign like that. i just dotn think his past performance suggest that he's a guy that can ball handle and run an offense. i'm sure he'll have an improtant role, but probably not emergency PG
    Castlin is going to be very similar to Malcolm Bernard on this team. He'll play the 2 and 3. Malcolm's assist/turnover his one year was 1.5/1.5. Naji will be our emergency PG. He was the previous staff's plan at back up PG to Q in case Scruggs didn't end up committing.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    Castlin is going to be very similar to Malcolm Bernard on this team. He'll play the 2 and 3. Malcolm's assist/turnover his one year was 1.5/1.5. Naji will be our emergency PG. He was the previous staff's plan at back up PG to Q in case Scruggs didn't end up committing.
    I'll take Malcom Bernard. Sign me up