Page 57 of 86 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xu95 View Post
    2018 HS Variety. Maybe someone we have talked about ad nauseam on here.

xu95
    Lol my brain isn’t currently functioning at full xavier basketball capacity because of work demands, but I can’t think of a 2018 kid we’ve talked about much. Do you mean Kennedy? Because that would be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    Lol my brain isn’t currently functioning at full xavier basketball capacity because of work demands, but I can’t think of a 2018 kid we’ve talked about much. Do you mean Kennedy? Because that would be hilarious.
    https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitut...ertPredictions

lol

It's going to be hilarious.

xu95

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    Snipe has no more eligibility, does he?
    Only in the wee hours of the night, and that’s not when they play.

Sophomore
    Hilarious in the sense that many people on the board thought it was no longer an option for him. And also hilarious for all the SMU fans on twitter. Not in a demeaning way, as X isn't in the position currently to turn down capable (or once thought of as capable) players. Right now, Xavier is in the position to have 6 scholarships open next year (5 if KK commits and Elias King stays committed). With Samari Curtis decommitting, X shouldn't be in the business of turning an '18 player away for what might be a '19 commit who is higher ranked. I just think recruiting is so fluid, and the offseason shows that, that it is a pretty risky strategy. If he commits, great. If he doesn't, it isn't the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Except when a guy listed at 6'9" is two inches shorter than a guy listed at 6'8". Jones plays bigger than his actual height so it is not such a big issue with him.

In general, you'd feel a little better about have 6'8" bigs who are listed at 6'10" than having bigs who are listed at 6'8" but are actually 6'6".

And yes... The sentence above was sponsored by Captain Obvious.
    Why dont we just measure height as standing reach? Honestly, what does the distance from the ground to the top of someones head have to do with anything?

What if someone has a really long neck? or a narrow & long head?

We should measure from the ground to the top of their shoulders (where their arms start), and from the ground to the end of their extended fingers above their head. So I know both of those measurements, and the difference between the 2 would essentially be the length their arms.

im bored
    Last edited by MHettel; 06-06-2018 at 02:54 PM.

Hilarious in the sense that many people on the board thought it was no longer an option for him. And also hilarious for all the SMU fans on twitter. Not in a demeaning way, as X isn't in the position currently to turn down capable (or once thought of as capable) players. Right now, Xavier is in the position to have 6 scholarships open next year (5 if KK commits and Elias King stays committed). With Samari Curtis decommitting, X shouldn't be in the business of turning an '18 player away for what might be a '19 commit who is higher ranked. I just think recruiting is so fluid, and the offseason shows that, that it is a pretty risky strategy. If he commits, great. If he doesn't, it isn't the end of the world.
    i apologize for my know-it-all comments on the Keonte situation...........

though I was right at the time.

Sophomore
    I was told by my only semi-inside source that it really didn't look to be an option for him anymore, so I think most of those assumptions were right. But, I think circumstances changed, i.e. Samari decommit, and it had an impact on the viability of it, for both sides. Never a dull offseason. Just looking forward to seeing another season of X basketball, and especially seeing the sophomores (and juniors, too) make a big jump and the Steele Era to begin.

He obviously wanted to come to Xavier and the de-commitment was more on Xavier than on him. Obviously Xavier is hurting for eligible bodies next year, so they are willing to take a flyer on him.

xu95

I think he will get more minutes than Harden unless Harden puts on some weight. Kid can shoot but damn is he skinny

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk