Page 45 of 86 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    I honestly believe Kennedy is publicly showing X as an option to make himself look more attractive.

I say there is a 10% chance he commits to X as I believe he won't get many minutes with Goodin, Scruggs, Hardin and the Columbia grad student consuming guard minutes.
    X has 9 solid players. Hope nobody gets injured.

Well you can’t commit to a school if you do t have an offer. So are we saying that there is still an offer to him from XU? If so, this whole theory that XU pulled his offer and let him save face by decommitting is pretty much blown up.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Yeah, don't see the "PR Purpose" of having Xavier on his list. We're not talking about Kentucky, Kansas, Duke or Carolina. No one cares about a kid having Xavier on his list of schools.
    Maybe you are just being facetious.

But if not... Wow... How could some of you act like we're still an MCC school lucky to land one 4 star and crossing our fingers we somehow can sneak into the tournament. Have you not been paying attention to how much X has moved up the food chain in the past 10 years. We just won the BE regular season title and had a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament. Of course it makes him look really good to keep X on his list.

It is very possibly we finish with a top 15 recruiting class for the second time in three years. Even our new assistants (coming from very respectable basketball schools) said they couldn't pass up the opportunity to be at a big time program like X with such a great brand when offered the job.

We may not yet be the Duke or Kentucky or Kansas or Carolina level of recruiting, but we are getting closer every year. We have moved passed many of the BE schools and many of the other Power 5 schools in terms of recruiting and success on the court and in terms of being very good school to get an offer from.

To those of you fans/ alumni who are still in denial: X is legit people!!!!
    Last edited by IM4X; 05-23-2018 at 01:37 PM.

Of course X is legit. But no one who is not a Xavier fan sees a kid with a Xavier offer and thinks, "Wow, this kid must be a STUD if he's got a Xavier offer!" Xavier is, of course, well-respected. But we're not THAT kind of program.

Lest you forget, we also just had an alum, Cincinnati native leave to take a head coaching job elsewhere, and no one was particularly surprised that he left.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Well you can’t commit to a school if you do t have an offer. So are we saying that there is still an offer to him from XU? If so, this whole theory that XU pulled his offer and let him save face by decommitting is pretty much blown up.
    I can only guess that he asked for a decommitment to look at other options including X as he was recruited by Murray and Mack. Steele possibly wanted all incoming commitments to stay o he gave him the freedom to look and commit back to X if he changed his mind.

It sounds illogical for Steele to do this BUT it is the only theory I can come up with UNLESS Kennedy is lying and can only commit to SMU or Texas Tech.

Oh I remember that guy who left for the golden parachute deal because he didn't believe he could do ant better at X... And I would agree that he probably couldn't. So it was indeed the smart move for him to move on. I just don't like his selfish choice of trying to make himself look good, while attempting to make the X - the school that did so much for you - look small. Just wasn't necessary. Just wasn't classy.

The guy said he wasn't able to land the kind of players at X to win a championship... Which is BS because he did have the players (which Steele is also proving can be done at X). The truth is Mack just didn't have his very talented players prepared to be playing their best basketball during the tournament and didn't coach his best basketball during those games.

Interesting though that he leaves and X has two 4 star committed for 2019 with a few more 4 star prospects likely to sign as well.
    Last edited by IM4X; 05-24-2018 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Oh I remember that guy who left for the golden parachute deal and because he didn't believe he could do ant better at X... And I would agree.

The cry baby said he couldn't recruit players... Which he did... And which Steele is proving can be done at X. The truth is Mack just couldn't coach them up to play their best in the tournament.

thats the truth.

Why do we have two 4 star commits and a few others with X at the top of their list
    Mack said he couldn't recruit players at X? hmm

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Of course X is legit. But no one who is not a Xavier fan sees a kid with a Xavier offer and thinks, "Wow, this kid must be a STUD if he's got a Xavier offer!" Xavier is, of course, well-respected. But we're not THAT kind of program.

Lest you forget, we also just had an alum, Cincinnati native leave to take a head coaching job elsewhere, and no one was particularly surprised that he left.
    As far as recruiting five star kids you're right, but for a 3 star like Keonte, a Xavier offer is a big deal and by far his best offer.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Mack said he couldn't recruit players at X? hmm
    I think he said he would have a better chance of landing more of his priority recruits at louisville or something along those lines.

We can stop holding our breath as Hankins has officially withdrawn from the NBA draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    We can stop holding our breath as Hankins has officially withdrawn from the NBA draft.
    Wait, he entered his name into the draft?? I didn't even see that lol.