Page 79 of 86 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    It’s one thing to post up an opinion...it’s quite another thing when the purpose of a post is just to point out that the other person is wrong. When the purpose is just to argue. When the purpose is to “show off” ones own knowledge and expertise. IMO, there is far to much of this going on here by some people. Like it really matters if Gonzaga does or does not have more people drafted than X? Like it really matters where a player has a better chance of becoming a professional playing there or at X? Why make it into an argument?

Public DISCUSSION board or not........discussing doesn’t always have to turn into an argument, does it?
    Too.....

(edit: hopefully this is completely obvious as a joke, but ya never know)
    Last edited by D-West & PO-Z; 06-29-2018 at 12:37 PM.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

LOL. Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    It’s one thing to post up an opinion...it’s quite another thing when the purpose of a post is just to point out that the other person is wrong. When the purpose is just to argue. When the purpose is to “show off” ones own knowledge and expertise. IMO, there is far to much of this going on here by some people. Like it really matters if Gonzaga does or does not have more people drafted than X? Like it really matters where a player has a better chance of becoming a professional playing there or at X? Why make it into an argument?

Public DISCUSSION board or not........discussing doesn’t always have to turn into an argument, does it?
    People like to argue for argument sake. I honestly think we as fans read so much more into the decision making process than what these guys are going through. For their age, there's a couple factors on their minds: Do I have a shot at a professional career, is the campus lifestyle going to fit what I want, and do I think I can gel/play/produce for this team? I highly doubt they're researching every single school's top draft picks, what connections they have to Europe, etc. True gamers have confidence in their abilities and will get the exposure if necessary, we can sit here and argue about Gonzaga/Xavier for the next 4 months until Muskie Madness, but it's really not going to influence Geno, he's going to pick what he feels right for him, as he should. I mean hell, look at the dumpster fire programs around the country that are still getting commitments, people are going to pick what's attractive/right for them at the end of the day, no matter what.

Freshman
    I really wish we had an ongoing home and home series with Gonzaga. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterBailey84 View Post
    yeah that's awesome, you just named 6 schools out of the entire country...... :goodone: :thumbsup:
    There aren’t many programs where you get more exposure than Gonzaga. Was Go Muskies' quote.

Lots of teams get more exposure. That was my point. :goodone, :thumbsup

Didn’t know where to post this question so forgive me if it should be somewhere else...

Last year Saddiq Bey was close to 100% going to commit to X based off experts. Obviously at the end, they had it down to X and NCS with him chosing State. Question I have, why did he leave a school like NCS over potential playing time and choose Villanova? Numbers game I get with 4 leaving early for NBA. I realize after Peg’s left (the main recruiter), his chances of choosing X were slim to none.

Bottom line, I really like his game and potential and think he’s going to be a thorn in our side for 3 or 4 years.

I don't think we were ever going to land Bey. We supposably were second to Miami when he was going to commit there. Then the FBI stuff happened and he decided Miami wasn't his choice, so he should have picked Xavier right? I mean come on we finished second. Wrong, NC State here I come. And now Villanova. I don't know who Bey was talking to, but he had them all suckered.

xu95

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    Last year Saddiq Bey was close to 100% going to commit to X based off experts.
    XU 95's post above is accurate re: Bey recruitment. At best, X was a very distant second place, with plenty of teams being able to move in front of X.

Per Shannon Russell today, Jake Walter is not on campus, and she has no other information on him. Everyone else is on campus except Ryan Welage who’s finishing up some academic obligations at San Jose State.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Per Shannon Russell today, Jake Walter is not on campus, and she has no other information on him. Everyone else is on campus except Ryan Welage who’s finishing up some academic obligations at San Jose State.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Maybe the rumors are true, is it surprising that there isn't more news about this, or is it hushed up because he's a minor still?? I'm not 100% sure why we haven't heard much, granted legal proceedings can take a while.