Page 67 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Walk-On
    Jones was a good 3rd offensive option at the 5 last year. He does not have the polish, can't hit FTs consistently, and is very foul prone. He had some good games but misses point blank lay-ups. ON the positive, he is a very good rebounder and defender. All that being said, SOM really didn't start to become a force until the BE tourney his junior year. X needs Hankins to be productive. At least right now, X doesn't have proven good outside shooters at this level (except maybe Welage). I really hope that X has a great D next year

Sophomore
    Think serviceable is definitely a better/closer word. I think if he can come and by the middle of the big east season be averaging around 7.5/5 that would be pretty good, and not crazy expectations. He should be able to block a couple shots too, from the looks of it. Whether it’s bexause he’s good enough (hopefully) or not, he’s going to play a meaningful role next year.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kellernr View Post
    Let's only name guys that made it to the league once the 1 and done rule was implemented. Naming guys that played in the 70s, 80s and 90s is irrelevant.

Robinson from Michigan played 1 year of d2 then 3 at Michigan. Had 3 years to develop against D1 talent. Taking on a d2 grad transfer only gives you a few months to learn the system and gel with teammates.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    D3 and his best year statistically was his first with Michigan.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    Wasn't Hankins a likely d1 recruit until he got hurt?
    Yes he was, nothing MAJOR MAJOR, but was still a D1 prospect until breaking his foot, I don't think he's going to be a world beater necessarily, but I think he'll be serviceable. We can't really write the book on him until we see him play, I mean come on, how many of us thought Karem Kanter was going to be as good as he was for us?

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    Yes he was, nothing MAJOR MAJOR, but was still a D1 prospect until breaking his foot, I don't think he's going to be a world beater necessarily, but I think he'll be serviceable. We can't really write the book on him until we see him play, I mean come on, how many of us thought Karem Kanter was going to be as good as he was for us?
    True. Kanter surprised the hell out of me. Moved so slow but somehow got past defenders.

Kanter won the shootout last year. UC did not gameplan for him. Why would they?
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Kanter went from averaging 11/6 at Green Bay to 11/4.5 at X. There was no real drop off. Yea D2 isn't the Horizon, but Hankins was the best player in D2. I think he's going to come in and average about 9/5 and play solid defense. Couple that with Tyrique averaging about 9/7 and I think we're looking good.

That would be our bigs averaging 18/12 and providing above average defense.
    The year with Farr, Reynolds, and Sean, the bigs averaged 19.9/13.7 per 40.
    The year with Gaston, Sean, and Tyrique, our bigs averaged 16.4/11.3 per 40.
    Last year, our bigs averaged 21.4/10.6 per 40.

I think we'll definitely see a drop in offensive production from the 5 from last year, but we'll definitely be better defensively/tougher down low.

Quote Originally Posted by kellernr View Post
    How many d2 transfers end up having an impact on the d1 team they transfer to or even make the NBA. It's a very low %.

I'm not saying he's going to be trash. Im just saying I don't think he will be a big difference maker this year. If we had him for 2 years I could see him making a big contribution.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...x-strus-1.html

I guess we'll see.

Next year’s team is going to be fun as always. We have a glut of 6’3 to 6’7 guard/wings and only two real post players.

Do we know Jake Walter is out for sure? Assuming yes, any post injury is a issue. What people aren’t speaking about is the addition of shooters. Welage, Castlin, Harden (in High School) can all shoot. Marshall and Scruggs showed signs last year that they can shoot.

I have no idea what we run, but defense should improve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myles Hanson is transferring to X.

Not sure if he will take a scholly or not... I’m sure someone in the know can shed some light on that. Jim Engles having a tough time at Columbia?