Page 84 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 LastLast
    I heard ASU and KU's Sam Cunliffe was on campus. I have read on other boards he may have committed via snapchat. I don't want this guy, all signs point to him being a bad basketball players. He is tall, an athlete, 3 point shooter, but bad at defense and everything else.

I live in Kansas and have never heard of this guy. That's not a good sign. But if he is on scholarship at KU, he's probably not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I live in Kansas and have never heard of this guy. That's not a good sign. But if he is on scholarship at KU, he's probably not terrible.
    He was a top 40 recruit and play 10 games or so at ASU before transferring to KU. He played half a season there and never broke into the lineup. He left when Vick came back.

He had some film crew at ASU when he first got there, but he did shoot 40% from 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    He was a top 40 recruit and play 10 games or so at ASU before transferring to KU. He played half a season there and never broke into the lineup. He left when Vick came back.

He had some film crew at ASU when he first got there, but he did shoot 40% from 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I mean unless Steele and Co have a bad feeling about where things stand with Beverley/Gaffney/Bishop/Franklin, i'd say no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mistabeecee41 View Post
    I mean unless Steele and Co have a bad feeling about where things stand with Beverley/Gaffney/Bishop/Franklin, i'd say no thanks.
    I agree, I'm a little weary about him transferring twice already, I understand places aren't a great fit, and things happen, but that doesn't seem to be a great sign. 40% from the three is good, but never breaking the line up is bad. I'd much rather see if we get one of the combo guards here and develop them before saying yes to Cuncliffe.

I haven't seen him play, but the fact that he started all 10 games he played as a freshman at ASU before deciding to transfer says they thought a good deal about his game. And getting a shot to play for KU doesn't happen for just anyone.

On the positive side for whatever team he joins: He's already 21 and wants to prove himself, so he's got a drive and (hopefully) maturity that younger players take time to develop. He's already been through two different D1 college systems, so he's trained for offense and defense in a way that younger players haven't yet. He may have even absorbed some leadership skills that could be useful to younger players.

If this kid wasn't cracking the KU rotation then it's obvious he has some work to do, but with a different system and personnel he might be a positive addition. He'd also be a solid competition asset in practices during his sit out year. My biggest concern is his age and after needing to sit out, will he actually want to stay two years or move on to some pro opportunity.

I trust that the coaches will consider all of the pros and cons, be able to view tape, and will actually talk with all parties involved, before they make a decision. Since they have already invited him to visit, and he has already visited, I’m confident that they have already done quite a bit of groundwork. Unless someone doesn’t think that the coaching staff can evaluate potential players effectively and accurately, I see no reason to be concerned. In addition, it’s not likely that he will necessarily be a key cog for the team. Sometimes you take a flyer on a player because of the potential that they may have and because of the faith you have in yourself as a coach to bring that potential out. They have some open scholarships, they haven’t much value if they aren’t filled.

Sometimes they take a kid as a favor. We all know it happens, I just don't want a locker room issue.

Sophomore
    Evansville it is

Well he certainly should get his minutes there. I hope if works out for them.