Page 73 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    From Hankins alone? He isnt going to average close to a double double. When is the last time we have had a big guy average a double double or close to it? Probably David "F" West.
    Travis Taylor averaged 12 and 9 his final year. Was a monster on the boards. Tyrique has a better chance averaging a double double than Hankins. My guess is Tyrique averages 7 rebounds and Haskins is around 5-6.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    From Hankins alone? He isnt going to average close to a double double. When is the last time we have had a big guy average a double double or close to it? Probably David "F" West.
    Of course not. If Tyrique doesn't start and be a consistent 5, that spells trouble. A realistic expectation should be the combination of the 2 be roughly a 17/10 avg.....then anything else would be gravy. Just hoping Jones comes up BIG as a JR and stays HEALTHY!!
    Last edited by Xuperman; 06-15-2018 at 12:48 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Of course not. If Tyrique doesn't start and be a consistent 5, that spells trouble. A realistic expectation should be the combination of the 2 be roughly a 17/10 avg.....then anything else would be gravy. Just hoping Jones comes up BIG as a JR and stays HEALTHY!!
    Oh yeah, if we can get 17/10 out of our rotation in the big men spot that's plenty with the firepower Naji, Scruggs, and Q can provide, I'm just hoping everybody is working on their outside shot, if Q and Scruggs can shoot the 3 like they did at the end of the season, it opens up drives for Naji, getting the ball to Zach and Tyrique, it would make us so much better.

Sophomore
    Welage looks good too and can be instant offense. Maybe a Struss type? When you look at his splits you will be impressed esp against Nevada, UNLV, St Mary's and other good teams. He played 40 minutes in a few games and high 30s
    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...68/ryan-welage
    Last edited by whopper; 06-15-2018 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    Welage looks good too and can be instant offense. Maybe a Struss type? When you look at his splits you will be impressed esp against Nevada, UNLV, St Mary's and other good teams. He played 40 minutes in a few games and high 30s
    Yeah, I dig it, but Max Strus had a much better handle and even brought the ball over the time line often, RW is a pure stretch 4...like that other guy, who was gonna be, before he, uh....you know what I mean...
    Last edited by Xuperman; 06-15-2018 at 11:55 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Many centers in college seem to be a bit overweight and lacking conditioning for today's game. From the limited video I've seen, Hankins doesn't seem to suffer from that. Decent energy and not shy about trying to score. Practicing against Jones for a couple months will help him improve his defensive toughness for the Big East slate.

He won't be all league, but I think we found a good player to help the team. Of all the new guys coming in and trying to mesh with a new system, Hankins somehow worries me the least.

Sophomore
    The most recent X article in the Enquirer about Hanson still lists Jake Walters as coming in this season.

Man, he played on a horrible team. Must feel like he got paroled from jail.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Man, he played on a horrible team. Must feel like he got paroled from jail.
    Holy losses, that's brutal I would hate everything about that. but definitely promising that he's dropping 20 on good teams, means that he should be able to do alright for us, even with the Big East competition being a step up. I'd love for him to be instant offense and add a weapon with what we have, looks like he's good staying out of foul trouble too, hopefully he's not shabby on the defensive end as well.

Very impressive from the line also. Encouraging to say the least. It looks like he draws the contact, gets the calls and makes the FFs.

Let's just hope that translates to BE play.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.