Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586
    Rule of thumb for response to lost recruiting battle to avoid sky falling mentality-

Recruit picks “less accomplished” program: He wants more PT that X can’t guarantee, and he probably isn’t that talented anyways.
    Recruit picks large state school/football school: He doesn’t care about his education so I’m glad he won’t be at X!

In this case, I am no fan of Cunliffe's game. McCarty needs bodies at Evansville and has to give a kid with that shot a lot of PT. It is a win/win.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Rule of thumb for response to lost recruiting battle to avoid sky falling mentality-

Recruit picks “less accomplished” program: He wants more PT that X can’t guarantee because he isn’t quite as talented as some others who will be playing at X.
    Recruit picks large state school/football school: He doesn’t care about his education so I’m glad he won’t be at X!

Bingo.
    Last edited by IM4X; 08-15-2018 at 05:15 PM.

A quick look at the transfers list on Verbal Commit site (all 800 of them) shows many many players that have left a “big time” school and transferred to a smaller school in a less competitive league. There are far more of those than there are of players moving up from smaller programs to the big time...such as X has a couple of. There can be more than a few reasons why a student/player chooses to do this, but playing time is almost for certain going to be a part of the decision. No one likes to just sit on the bench and play only at garbage time, and I wouldn’t want a player that did.

I’m surprised if X had Cunliffe on campus for a visit. He’s a great athlete but his teammates at ASU couldn’t stand the guy and he was a very selfish player. Maybe he matured while at KU, but I’m glad he’s going elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonoran Desert Muskie View Post
    I’m surprised if X had Cunliffe on campus for a visit. He’s a great athlete but his teammates at ASU couldn’t stand the guy and he was a very selfish player. Maybe he matured while at KU, but I’m glad he’s going elsewhere.
    Not sure exactly who pays for visits from potential transfers. I know that “official” visits by regular recruits are paid for by the schools, and that there is a limit on how many a school can host every year, but I wonder what rules there are for potential transfers. Anyone know?

Hankins did the mile in 5:19. That's motoring, particularly for a big guy. If basketball doesn't work out, maybe cross country?

Sophomore
    that is amazing time for a big guy. I think him and hopefully Welage view this as a chance for visibility at the next level as there is a "recency bias" in scouting for your most recent effort If he plays 25 min a game no need to keep anything in reserve. I look forward to seeing this year's team (although I watched the Colorado game from last year on youtube) and would be satisfied with a week 2 sweet 16 appearance which is a stretch.