Page 64 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Junior
    National “talk like a pirate” day is in September, so that’s not it...
    zip em up

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh.........
    Trollhunters fan?

aaarghh.jpg
    Last edited by muskiefan82; 06-12-2018 at 08:01 AM.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I meant going forward more than immediately. This should be a very unique transition year. Wow...

I’m probably a bigger Tyrique fan than most. His ability to slow down the foul train has me encouraged. Now work on the FT’s.
    It was interesting hearing Steele at the golf outing talk about how Jones played at 260 last year and how he's challenged him to get to 235 this year so he can play longer stretches.

Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    It was interesting hearing Steele at the golf outing talk about how Jones played at 260 last year and how he's challenged him to get to 235 this year so he can play longer stretches.
    And shoot 3s

I have no issue with wanting guys who are 6'9 to take 3's. Look at Spellman from Villanova.

BUT, I do not see that in Jones game AT ALL. He looks to be a pure post player to me.

I guess if he loses some weight and becomes a lot more mobile theres a chance......

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    I have no issue with wanting guys who are 6'9 to take 3's. Look at Spellman from Villanova.

BUT, I do not see that in Jones game AT ALL. He looks to be a pure post player to me.

I guess if he loses some weight and becomes a lot more mobile theres a chance......
    Jones will play more when he gets the fouls under control. Maybe the weight would help with knee issues (which he seems to have sometimes). If X is going to be successful this year, the Jones Enigma needs a solution.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Jones will play more when he gets the fouls under control. Maybe the weight would help with knee issues (which he seems to have sometimes). If X is going to be successful this year, the Jones Enigma needs a solution.
    He seemed to be much better with the fouls last year, I think it was more of a conditioning thing for him last year (he frequently seemed gassed running up and down the floor). He also had two pretty good players in the same position, so there's that as well. We're gonna need a lot more from him this year, and I think he's gonna deliver.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    He seemed to be much better with the fouls last year, I think it was more of a conditioning thing for him last year (he frequently seemed gassed running up and down the floor). He also had two pretty good players in the same position, so there's that as well. We're gonna need a lot more from him this year, and I think he's gonna deliver.
    I agree. With our history of big men making big jumps from underclassmen to upperclassmen I am feeling real good about Jones. He is way ahead of some of our recent better big men at this point in his career.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Nothing Personal!
    I get it. I should have known better.
    Zip'em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I meant going forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    going forward.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.