Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

IF Steele, ideas about assistants?

I hate to be that guy to post a new thread when there are plenty of coaching threads, but I really wanted to focus on Steele. I have my concerns about him, but they could be alleviated having some insight as to who he might bring in as assistants.

From what I have read, Steele was good enough to play Division II bball but chose not too. Obviously, his message to recruits still resonated even without that Div 1 playing experience, and my guess is that recruits were not wowed by Mack's college playing days.

With that being said, taking Steele's recruiting prowess so far and trying to get the recruits to take us to that next level of a Final Four, could Steele bring a long a guy like James Posey or someone else with NBA experience who would be another tool to use in our arsenal to convince higher level recruits to come to X? Or does he have some mentor coaches who might be a bit longer in the tooth that he could bring along to combat any inexperience concerns recruits might have? I know little about him other than his time @ X- wondering if those in the know could provide insight about what type of staff he could construct.

I think he'd want to grab an AAU guy more than an NBA guy for recruiting purposes. Most high school kids are unlikely to know who Posey is.

I would love to see Brian Thornton back at Xavier.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    even if it's not Brian, we need somebody who can develop our bigs. Pegues is a bigger loss than Murray in my mind.

All-Conference
    Basically, Steele has to replace himself on the recruiting front AND find a development coach. Huge hires for him.

I think Dante Jackson would be a great hire. He could recruit IMHO

Why would Dante be a good hire? I don't know that much about it, for sure, but he doesn't seem to have distinguished himself in the coaching ranks just yet.

Excellent! That would be an ideal hire.

That sounds appealing....

Quote Originally Posted by mistabeecee41 View Post
    even if it's not Brian, we need somebody who can develop our bigs. Pegues is a bigger loss than Murray in my mind.
    ...and that’s a fact!