Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    It's a prime opening, but this is also an incredibly dangerous moment in the program's history -- we're losing a ton of experience to graduation, and we've got multiple freshmen we're counting on for major minutes & production next season. Going outside the program could result in multiple transfers and turn 18/19 from a rebuilding season to an absolute dumpster fire.

If they decide to go outside the program, it needs to be a for a home-run hire -- not some guy at a mid-major who is a current "hot name." Ideally, it needs to be someone with multiple years of tournament success, some high profile wins, and a demonstrated ability to recruit above his current standing. You find that guy and I'll listen. Otherwise, you go with the guy the players (current and former) are lobbying for: Travis Steele.

ETA: I also hope "explore all (outside) options" isn't code for "take our time." Every second the Xavier job goes unfilled is time wasted that could be spent keeping the current team together, working the existing recruits, and finding new recruits / transfers to take the spots that are going to open up due to Mack's departure. I'm certain every current and future Xavier player is getting phone calls at this very second offering them otheropportunities while we have no plan in place.
    X has very limited "at-homes" with recruits left (until June) I think. So recruiting in the spring period is going to be dicey. I think they may get a few visits back, but I'm not sure. Another gift from the departing administration.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I don't really remember Horn being the hot name. I remember it more as why the hell is South Carolina's coach interviewing at Xavier? Now we know. I also don't remember Mack's hiring being a fait accompli. I really thought Fran McCaffery would get the job. He was coming off a nice run at Siena and had some Xavier ties.

Darrin Horn was billed as a spoiler candidate. I think there was a decent backing of him.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook