Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dubbledxu View Post
    He will likely need a winning record and at least 1 FF in the mix after year 5 or he’s getting canned. Assuming they are eligible to be in the tournament all 5 years. They expect to beat UK and be in the FF. Remember, there was a group of supporters who didn’t want Mack in the first place.
    if he gets canned after five years, he will still be a very rich man and probably done with coaching, as he said Louisville is his last stop.
    Zip'em Up!

Chris Mack Memoriam

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    if he gets canned after five years, he will still be a very rich man and probably done with coaching, as he said Louisville is his last stop.
    Doubtful, retire at 54? Not with his competitiveness, he will see himself as a failure and want redemption. But yes, his bank account will (hopefully) not be seen as a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by webxu View Post
    After having time to contemplate this all I feel better now. I got to thinking and looking at what Mack had actually accomplished at X and there may have been some inflated results ( inflated may not be the best word fortuitous maybe is better?) anyway.

2009-10 Sweet 16 won with Miller's guys ( and had some rough outings all season we almost lost to Dayton at home.. gasp)
    2010-11 Won A10 lost to Marquette first round
    2011-12 Sweet 16 again Miller's core guys ( we all know the regular season) Beat a 15 seed to get to S16..
    2012-2013 Blah...
    2013-2014 First 4 loss.
    2014-15 Sweet 16, Beat a 14 seed to get there.
    2015-16 Best team to date, 2nd round exit.
    2016-17 Elite 8 Trevon played out of his mind. (Arizona game best game he coached by far)
    2017-18 Best team X has had.. 2nd round exit.

So in looking, we really lucked out with at least 2 of those sweet 16's not saying we wouldn't have won against Duke (12) and Baylor (15), but it would have been much harder. So in summation, the results may be skewed a bit on the greatness of Chris Mack.
    This is interesting. I've never seen it laid out like this.

We've all thought Chris was a God, and that many S16's are surely a good thing. But it's not quite the second coming of Phil Jackson or anything.......

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    This.

He's already said he doesn't see himself as a lifer. He wants to make as much as he can and get out relatively young.
    5 years is $20 million (before taxes) and there's a good chance he'll get a bump in pay a few years into this contract. Even if he doesn't, he is set for life... barring any very bad investments or excessively wasteful purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by jhelmes37 View Post
    This is interesting. I've never seen it laid out like this.

We've all thought Chris was a God, and that many S16's are surely a good thing. But it's not quite the second coming of Phil Jackson or anything.......
    Personally, I think just by watching the program over the years, it's quite obvious Mack has gotten better and better. We can't look back and discredit him because he had Millers guys, then not also point out how he's has a ton of obstacles thrown at him and has still continued to get better. So, yeah, he wasn't and elite coach this whole time, but it seems like he's on that path. Now imagine he stayed here for another fifteen years, and you can see the possibilities.

Think about the mess he went through with Dez Wells, or that he had Semaj and Edmond leave early. As well as having Ed and Myles out when he was expecting them to be on the team two years ago. While having players leave early, I don't think it's something many people anticipated when we signed those players.

I thnk I'm just saying, our program has been through a lot during his time here, and if players stayed or hadn't gotten in trouble, we could have had some insanely good teams. Just tough for me to look back and not see the growth in Mack, and not think of where we could be iffy chose to stay another decade.

Fr. B forgive me - but fuck Chris Mack.
    Mom and Papa told me "Son, you gotta go to school; only way to make the fam'ly proud."
    I paid no attention, left my books at home, rather play my music real loud.

Quote Originally Posted by OH.X.MI View Post
    Fr. B forgive me - but fuck Chris Mack.
    Totally unnecessary.....what did he ever do to YOU?

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Who died and put YOU in charge of judging others and how they respond to this situation? It's not a good look. Stop.
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyMuskie View Post
    Who died and put YOU in charge of judging others and how they respond to this situation? It's not a good look. Stop.
    Wait...aren’t you judging how he is responding to this?

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Buddy,,, I’m a Xavier fan. What he hell do YOU think he did to me, clown.
    Mom and Papa told me "Son, you gotta go to school; only way to make the fam'ly proud."
    I paid no attention, left my books at home, rather play my music real loud.