Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Greg Christopher handled things well. Was driving home during the presser and I didn't quite catch what he said with regards to what Mack was making and possibly might have been bumped to. Did anyone catch that?
    Veritas vos Liberabit

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Not a great sign for what will happen if someone else is picked.
    Put Q in that same camp... Just retweeted Ed's endorsement of Steele.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by murray87 View Post
    Greg Christopher handled things well. Was driving home during the presser and I didn't quite catch what he said with regards to what Mack was making and possibly might have been bumped to. Did anyone catch that?
    Christopher said Mack was making north of 2M currently, and that was a little above average for Big East. Said that Mack knew that would've gone up again if he were to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by murray87 View Post
    Ne said that the average for BE coaches was right at 2 million per year......that Mack was already north of that, and would have been even north of that (where he is now) if he was staying. Said that they feel that X is competitive with others in the BE and also on a NATIONAL basis.

Question....

Is there a better opening anywhere else in the country right now, than X?

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Question....

Nope.

Maybe Arizona in a few weeks
    zip em up

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Question....

No way.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    If there is a coach out there such as a Miller that is available, I don't necessarily care what the current players say. It would be a tough 2 years or so but they would get it together and be fine in the long game. If there isn't someone out there at that level that wants to come to x though, then just give it to Steele I guess.

Ne said that the average for BE coaches was right at 2 million per year......that Mack was already north of that, and would have been even north of that (where he is now) if he was staying. Said that they feel that X is competitive with others in the BE and also on a NATIONAL basis.
    Wow Christopher sticking to his guns and throwing some shade, I like it, seems like we have a good AD. With all the player endorsement for Steele it's gotta be pretty tough not to give it to him, right?

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    If there is a coach out there such as a Miller that is available, I don't necessarily care what the current players say. It would be a tough 2 years or so but they would get it together and be fine in the long game. If there isn't someone out there at that level that wants to come to x though, then just give it to Steele I guess.
    Miller would probably be the only one on my mind that could make me drink through the next two years without potentially Q, Scruggs, Naji. I don't know anyone else who is at that level that would consider. For whatever it's worth, are options are most likely:

1) Steele
    2) Sean Miller (not going to pretend I think this is realistic
    3) a bottom half P5 coach
    4) a young mid-major guy that has some sort of sustained success in regular season and tournament.