Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Who do we want as our Head Coach next year?

Well might as well start having fun with this. Even if Mack stays it’s always fun to speculate. But with that said here is who I want.

1. Mack (I want stability and he gives us that, plus he really is a good coach)

2. Sean Miller ( IMO the best coach ever at X. I think he would stay for a very long time)

3. Travis Steele (He is young and he would keep the current players I believe)

4. Luke Murray (Same as Steele plus his Dad is funny)

5. Pat Kelsey (He has proven to be a good coach and maybe he would stay forever)

6. Mark Schmidt (you can only weld so long in ORLEAN)

7. Loyola/Nevada Head coach

8. Thad Matta (only 50 and the guy did make it to the final 4 twice?)

9. Brian Gregory/Jim O’Brien ( those guys suck but keep getting jobs so let’s keep the tradition alive)

10.Rick Pitino( nothing would say F you to Louisville then to get this guy)
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

My thoughts on your list.

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    1. Mack YES!!!!!!

2. Sean Miller YES!!!

3. Travis Steele Yes

4. Luke Murray No

5. Pat Kelsey NO!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Mark Schmidt No

7. Loyola/Nevada Head coach YES!

8. Thad Matta No

9. Brian Gregory/Jim O’Brien LOL

10.Rick Pitino NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Well might as well start having fun with this. Even if Mack stays it’s always fun to speculate. But with that said here is who I want.

1. Mack (I want stability and he gives us that, plus he really is a good coach)

2. Sean Miller ( IMO the best coach ever at X. I think he would stay for a very long time)

3. Travis Steele (He is young and he would keep the current players I believe)

4. Luke Murray (Same as Steele plus his Dad is funny)

5. Pat Kelsey (He has proven to be a good coach and maybe he would stay forever)

6. Mark Schmidt (you can only weld so long in ORLEAN)

7. Loyola/Nevada Head coach

8. Thad Matta (only 50 and the guy did make it to the final 4 twice?)

9. Brian Gregory/Jim O’Brien ( those guys suck but keep getting jobs so let’s keep the tradition alive)

10.Rick Pitino( nothing would say F you to Louisville then to get this guy)

I'd agree on 1-3 but put Matta #4. 9 and 10 made me laugh, might as well throw Cronin and Huggins in there at 11 and 12

Why does Brian Gregory at Dayton feel like 20 years ago?
    Run the table.

Big 'ol Nope to Nevada head coach. Guy was a mess. He would get on my nerves. Can't believe he didn't get T'ed up more often in Nashville.

Pat Kelsey? Nah. Too many question marks with his ability to mentally stay in it.
    I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work.

Junior
    1. Mack: Yes

2. Sean Miller: If he's clean.

3. Travis Steele: Sure

4. Luke Murray: Probs not

5. Pat Kelsey: Probs not

6. Mark Schmidt: Naw

7. Loyola/Nevada Head coach: Sure

8. Thad Matta: Naw

9. Brian Gregory/Jim O’Brien: Nope

10.Rick Pitino: I wouldn't watch a game as long a he's coach
    11. John Brannen: Intrigued
    zip em up

No way you can move Matta to 4. He screwed us over pretty badly but I will forgive him if he still has that umbrella he was hiding under as he was on his way to take the OSU job. Pitino would really help with business at planned parenthood not to mention how many lucky young ladies finally get to have sex with a geriatric in a white suit.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

John Brannon is an excellent choice but I think you have to go with an X guy first. Plus he looks like Gabe from “The Office” and I hated Gabe

Outside of course Mack , I go to #2 which maybe not as ridiculous as some may think (?), and 3. Would rather have Steele take it if there's not a slam dunk elite coach popping out of nowhere. Couple of more Final 4 less seasons for Coach Cal and maybe Steele can take that job in 2022. FML.
    Run the table.

Junior
    Travis Steele.