Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    I can't imagine Steele at Xavier if he doesn't get the head job. Have to think he'll go be head coach somewhere else or follow Mack to Louisville.

Junior
    Agreeed. As mentioned before I think Steele is safe bet, Miller is in the conversation and so is Howard.

Steele is going to be the next head coach. He is very young is from Indiana and went to Butler. I believe his wife is from Cincinnati. He is the perfect candidate. I guess when Archie gets fired at Indiana Steele will go there. I have a good feeling about Steele. I feel like he could be the Brad Stevens at X. I say let’s do it! Bring the man of Steele to us!!!
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Agreeed. As mentioned before I think Steele is safe bet, Miller is in the conversation and so is Howard.
    Who is howard?
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Steele is going to be the next head coach. He is very young is from Indiana and went to Butler. I believe his wife is from Cincinnati. He is the perfect candidate. I guess when Archie gets fired at Indiana Steele will go there. I have a good feeling about Steele. I feel like he could be the Brad Stevens at X. I say let’s do it! Bring the man of Steele to us!!!
    Doesn't get me excited but that's just because I have no idea what kind of head coasch he will be. Maybe he will be the best one we have ever had....

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I can't imagine Steele at Xavier if he doesn't get the head job. Have to think he'll go be head coach somewhere else or follow Mack to Louisville.
    Well, that is the idea behind the pay increase to $600,000. It's kind of an inverted arms race: go heavy towards the main assistant coach. Can UL match that kind of money for Steele as an assistant?

Bid him up and make UL pay if he's going to follow Mack. I know it also has to work for Sean, but Sean will see the benefit of his talent and the continuity he brings.

Not sure where he would go as a HC. Can't solve for that one.
    Last edited by xudash; 03-24-2018 at 02:49 PM.
    X A V I E R

Okay, how did we come to think that Miller is even a bonafide option?

https://247sports.com/college/arizon...ors--116529269

And that brings a question: does UL have to pay Xavier a buyout for Mack.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    I see. So a proven track record is a negative on a resume. Got it.
    Not at all.

The point is that college coaching is an inexact science. Guys who thrive at the lower level sometimes succeed when they move up. Other times, they fail — for any number of reasons. Sometimes the things they do that allow them success in lower levels simply don’t work as the caliber of player increases. Sometimes they struggle to recruit those upper level players. Sometimes the pressure gets too big — it’s one thing to dominate in a small conference and win some games in March when no one sees you coming. It’s another thing to consistently win against programs like Duke, Kansas, UNC, Villanova, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Okay, how did we come to think that Miller is even a bonafide option?

https://247sports.com/college/arizon...ors--116529269

And that brings a question: does UL have to pay Xavier a buyout for Mack.
    I haven’t seen a thing, beyond idle speculation on here, that suggests Miller is even remotely credible as a candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Shaka made the dance this year. He is a good coach butIm thinking it’s tough to win at Texas.
    I don't know why it would be tough to win at Texas though, you have the highest athletic budget in the country, resources that blow almost every other school out of the water, yeah you compete with football, but there's good talent around for the pickings. They've had some decent guys like DJ Augustine, and Kevin Durant come through, I know the Big 12 is a great conference, but I feel like Texas sets themselves up to do well there, I mean Rick Barnes won 400 games there..