Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Wright State is available. A 26 win team that made the NCAA Tournament, beat every team in their league, beat all but one of them away from home, and returns six of their top seven players.
    Sounds like a team that we might want to avoid this year!

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Wright State is available. A 26 win team that made the NCAA Tournament, beat every team in their league, beat all but one of them away from home, and returns six of their top seven players.
    I'm with Brew on this
    Balls of Steele!!

All I can share right now is that there are quote: "A lot of moving parts". Hang on.....
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

I wouldn't mind playing Ball State. James Whitford has been the coach there for a while. Would be a good travel game for them since they are only about 2 hours away.
    Balls of Steele!!

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post
    I wouldn't mind playing Ball State. James Whitford has been the coach there for a while. Would be a good travel game for them since they are only about 2 hours away.
    Same conference, but Buffalo should also be good again if they can hold on to everyone. They lose Wes Clark, but they return pretty much everyone else. They could potentially be even better next year than they were this past year, and they were pretty damn good this past year.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Does Stanford have an opening?

Remember when Stanford was a dominant team.. seems like a million years ago.

So we have 4 games with the Maui tourney, home Gavitt, and road UC. That leaves 7 games to fill. My guess is two High major H/Hs(one on the road, one at home) and 5 additional buy games. Maui is stacked, it's a bit of a transition year, and the Wake series starts back up in 19-20, so I think we replace Baylor, Colorado, and UNI with the 2 H/Hs and a buy game.

Quote Originally Posted by XMuskieFTW View Post
    So we have 4 games with the Maui tourney, home Gavitt, and road UC.
    That's actually 5 games, because we'll get three in Maui. But those five games only count as 3.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    That's actually 5 games, because we'll get three in Maui. But those five games only count as 3.
    I think he meant four Maui games, making that six games total. Maui plays "Mainland Games" now with four teams each playing two of the eight teams teams, and then playing a four team/two game tournament against each other. So, there will be what amounts to being a buy game as the fourth game. X will play 31 total games.

To get hyper-technical over something that really doesn't matter, the rule with exempt tournaments is that you get 27 games in addition to the exempt tournament, and you can play up to four games in an exempt tournament.

So, that's why the Maui does the mainland games now. What some teams in other tournaments like to do is exactly what we did with Northern Iowa, and that's schedule a fourth non-bracketed game against one of the other teams so they can play a total of 31. We could have done back in 2015-2016 in the year we were in the Old Spice in Orlando, but opted not to.
    Last edited by xubrew; 04-11-2018 at 04:10 PM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White