Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    “The Maui Invitational (Nov. 19-21) is back to being the best tournament of the non-conference with Arizona, Auburn, Duke, Gonzaga, Illinois, Iowa State, San Diego State and Xavier. There is no longer a spot in the main field for Chaminade. Here is how I would seed the field: 1. Gonzaga; 2. Duke; 3. Auburn; 4. Iowa State; 5. San Diego State; 6. Xavier; 7. Illinois; 8. Arizona. Wow. Think about this field for a second. In a given year these could be the top eight seeds in a regional. Gonzaga was my top pick for the pre-season Power 36. Duke will get plenty of love for being a top choice. But they still should be 1-2 in some order and be set up on opposite brackets for a possible Maui final.”

From Katz

Do they seed the field like he is doing here? Interesting.

I do think they seed teams (kind of). I don't think they go from 1 to 8, but I do believe they think about potential matchups when they decide which bracket, whose playing who, etc.

xu95

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Auburn is a marquee game if we play them this year. Moreso than Arizona.
    Boom

Also of note is more word of Big East-Big 12 challenge starting 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Boom

Also of note is more word of Big East-Big 12 challenge starting 2019.
    That would be a 3 year overlap with the Gavitt games. Nice.
    Even better, everyone could play, every year.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    That would be a 3 year overlap with the Gavitt games. Nice.
    Even better, everyone could play, every year.
    It's going to really hurt my soul when we draw WVU in that.

Rock Chalk at the 'Tas.. that's what im talking about! Lets GO X

Just made my reservations for the "Golden" Reunion (class of '68) festivities @ X on Nov. 9/11. Staying at the new Hilton on Dana, hopefully not to far from DG. Hoping we pummel the Aces. On another note of interest, if you're ever planning a trip to Colorado, I got a nonstop RT to Cincy for $72 bucks. Assuming it works the other way on Allegiant as well. The fees included were $57.00! Wow.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Just made my reservations for the "Golden" Reunion (class of '68) festivities @ X on Nov. 9/11. Staying at the new Hilton on Dana, hopefully not to far from DG. Hoping we pummel the Aces. On another note of interest, if you're ever planning a trip to Colorado, I got a nonstop RT to Cincy for $72 bucks. Assuming it works the other way on Allegiant as well. The fees included were $57.00! Wow.

Good news you’re only two blocks from Dana’s. 50 years, that’s amazing...congrats on that!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    On another note of interest, if you're ever planning a trip to Colorado, I got a nonstop RT to Cincy for $72 bucks. Assuming it works the other way on Allegiant as well. The fees included were $57.00! Wow.
    I’d be surprised if it works the other way. We’ve got friends in Panama City Beach, FL. They can get under $100 tickets to Cincinnati all the time and keep telling me we should fly down to see them. The flights from here to there are always $200 - $300. That stinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

[QUOTE=bjf123;628674]I’d be surprised if it works the other way. We’ve got friends in Panama City Beach, FL. They can get under $100 tickets to Cincinnati all the time and keep telling me we should fly down to see them. The flights from here to there are always $200 - $300. That stinks.

The airlines call that a GOTCHA!