Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Mo Egger had a good point about why the BE is really concerned about one a dones (or colleges/fans in general). The Big East since refiguring has had only two one and dones in the conference. Jay Wright in his 16 years at Nova has had ZERO one and dones.

In the last 4 years there have only been 54 one and dones. about 13.5/year out of 4500 div 1 college basketball players.

The one and done really isnt that big of an issue, especially for the Big East.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Here's an article suggesting the NHL model as a possible solution to the NCAA / NBA problem. Just another option.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nhl-model-p...150355518.html
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

This suggested rule is dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb and also hurtful for recruiting to the whole conference.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Mo Egger had a good point about why the BE is really concerned about one a dones (or colleges/fans in general). The Big East since refiguring has had only two one and dones in the conference. Jay Wright in his 16 years at Nova has had ZERO one and dones.

In the last 4 years there have only been 54 one and dones. about 13.5/year out of 4500 div 1 college basketball players.

The one and done really isnt that big of an issue, especially for the Big East.
    I'm not getting it. Are you saying that the since the BE doesn't ever have one-and-done players that the schools would be insulated from this new rule, and the programs like UK, Duke, etc would be the ones impacted in the form of a competitive disadvantage?

So, if that's the case, then wouldn't those one-and-done players just be unavailable to Duke, and then Duke would then resort to recruiting some of the same players that may go to a school in the BE?

Junior
    Basically, but that's still a more even footing for the Big East. Bagley ought to be in the NBA.