Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Really, just how much financial security do you need? For future generations? He's going to be making gobs of money no matter what. His children are ALREADY going to be set for life. You really think he's looking at 2-3 generations down the line......
    Maybe, maybe not. I don't know Chris and what really makes him tick. However, I will say that money is probably way down the line in terms of the decision to take the Louisville job or not. I'm sure its a decision making point, but doubt it is number one or two.

With all that said, you compound 3 million vs 5 million and the difference starts to get pretty significant over 5-10 years.
    Last edited by Xville; 03-20-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Compound 3 million over 10 years vs 7 million over 4 years(which is the amount of time he has to be successful at ville before they fire him) Xavier could be worth a more in the long run. If he leaves X will be fine. I would have no problem with him leaving. With that said I don’t think
    He takes it.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

This is always such a weird place for us working people to be in.

We see the coach of our favorite team making, reportedly with his raise, around $3M a year. Then, we hear another school could offer $5M a year. Meanwhile, we're all sitting in our offices making way less money than either of those figures. It's easy to say "what's the difference?", but put yourself in Chris' shoes.. The guy has worked his ass off and he's at the pinnacle of his profession. It's fun to be courted by someone else. Louisville is going to tell him how great he is and back up the Brinks truck. It's natural to go through that process and enjoy it.

$5M is a lot more than $3M. Is that $2M difference enough to take Chris away from his hometown and his alma mater? I guess we'll find out, but please stop saying "what's the difference?"... That's a LOT of money.

Sophomore
    I went to a GCL school - the same one Chris went to - and hang out with my high school friends. And would move to Louisville tomorrow for $2 million more in compensation per year.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Really, just how much financial security do you need? For future generations? He's going to be making gobs of money no matter what. His children are ALREADY going to be set for life. You really think he's looking at 2-3 generations down the line......
    If he is smart, YES!! My grandpa made several decisions fincially and geographically to make sure there was no doubt that not only his kids, but his grand kids would be taken care of and given every opportunity to succeed. I will now make those same decisions in order to ADD to what he did and continue that legacy and ability to provide for the future generations of my family rather than be content with what I have now.

You would do it so you could join Valhalla LOL

Quote Originally Posted by muethibp View Post
    I went to a GCL school - the same one Chris went to - and hang out with my high school friends. And would move to Louisville tomorrow for $2 million more in compensation per year.
    You would do it just so you could join Valhalla! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Difference between 3 and 5 is pretty significant.

Money isn't the only deciding factor obviously. To the OP, you live in dreamworld if you honestly think Mack isn't considering this. To me, he seems like a pretty intelligent person. Only a complete imbecile would not entertain it.
    When taxes are taken into account, difference is probably a mere $1.2M annually. Not chump change but sounds a lot less than $2M annual difference. I agree with previous posters that does he really want to subject daughters to the circus? Lots of upside but also tremendous pressures to succeed. I don't think its happening at least not Louisville but shat do I know?

Every coach that has been at X is about to be out of the game. Miller is prob gone soon. How many more people need to leave X and find themselves without a job before you say maybe it’s not worth it. 2 million is a ton of money but it comes down to job security for me. Barring a complete collapse he probably is safe here for a long time. Whatever he chooses I have nothing bad to say about him. I wish him the best and if he does leave then we move on.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Junior

10:15 in is the pertinent bit. Dave Chapelle providing perspective on the difference between millions of dollars.
    zip em up