Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Take this to the bank

Chris Mack will NEVER NEVER NEVER coach at a school where hookers were provided to recruits and expose that history to his daughters, who love basketball. Lo'ville's chances of landing him are NONE to NONE.
    How many of you who thinks he is leaving are actually from here? He's a North College Hill, St. X guy. It's a GCL thing. Still hangs out with his grade school friends. He's the king. Making great money (maybe more). And he's at a DESTINATION place; not a stepping stone. None of the other guys who left were FROM HERE. Just think-if he were the coach at UMass right now and had a chance to come back here, the national media would jump on it in a minute. "He's got a chance to GO HOME". It's used all the time when talking about coaching changes. XU hoops has not even come close to hitting the ceiling. He was personally offended by the stupid question about "the end of an era" and invoked Larkin, Hill, Posey, West and Grant. That right there told me he's not going anywhere.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Go Golston View Post
    Chris Mack will NEVER NEVER NEVER coach at a school where hookers were provided to recruits and expose that history to his daughters, who love basketball. Lo'ville's chances of landing him are NONE to NONE.
    How many of you who thinks he is leaving are actually from here? He's a North College Hill, St. X guy. It's a GCL thing. Still hangs out with his grade school friends. He's the king. Making great money (maybe more). And he's at a DESTINATION place; not a stepping stone. None of the other guys who left were FROM HERE. Just think-if he were the coach at UMass right now and had a chance to come back here, the national media would jump on it in a minute. "He's got a chance to GO HOME". It's used all the time when talking about coaching changes. XU hoops has not even come close to hitting the ceiling. He was personally offended by the stupid question about "the end of an era" and invoked Larkin, Hill, Posey, West and Grant. That right there told me he's not going anywhere.
    Counter point: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I hope he stays, but I am never going to fault someone for taking an offer that will ensure his family's financial security for generations to come.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    Counter point: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I hope he stays, but I am never going to fault someone for taking an offer that will ensure his family's financial security for generations to come.
    So 3 mil a year doesn't ensure financial security for years to come?

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    So 3 mil a year doesn't ensure financial security for years to come?
    Difference between 3 and 5 is pretty significant.

Money isn't the only deciding factor obviously. To the OP, you live in dreamworld if you honestly think Mack isn't considering this. To me, he seems like a pretty intelligent person. Only a complete imbecile would not entertain it.

I ran into Leonard stokes in Nashville. He was soooo nice to all us XU fans. He had nothing but great things to say about XU and their program. He said Mack is awesome and I have heard that a lot about him lately. If Mack leaves it’s all about the money because no way you would
    Take over for a program that is going to be on probation. Although he may want to buy 4 new Bugatti’s a year and I am not sure he can do that on a Xavier salary.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    I ran into Leonard stokes in Nashville. He was soooo nice to all us XU fans. He had nothing but great things to say about XU and their program. He said Mack is awesome and I have heard that a lot about him lately. If Mack leaves it’s all about the money because no way you would
    Take over for a program that is going to be on probation. Although he may want to buy 4 new Bugatti’s a year and I am not sure he can do that on a Xavier salary.
    This is such a short-sighted statement. First of all, they may be on probation for a year, at most, 2.

Louisville is as close to a blue blood as you can get, if not already considered one...the difference between being a coach at Louisville and being a coach at Xavier is significant, and it's not just money. With that, comes more challenges but it also comes with a lot more perks. What Mack or any other coach needs to decide is if the pros outweigh the cons. Some of you really need to take off the blinders and realize there are a ton of pros along with the cons.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    This is such a short-sighted statement. First of all, they may be on probation for a year, at most, 2.

Louisville is as close to a blue blood as you can get, if not already considered one...the difference between being a coach at Louisville and being a coach at Xavier is significant, and it's not just money. With that, comes more challenges but it also comes with a lot more perks. What Mack or any other coach needs to decide is if the pros outweigh the cons. Some of you really need to take off the blinders and realize there are a ton of pros along with the cons.
    Yeah and at X he's going to be legend if hes stays another 10-15 years and at Louisville he will never be Denny Crum or Pitino............NEVER

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Yeah and at X he's going to be legend if hes stays another 10-15 years and at Louisville he will never be Denny Crum or Pitino............NEVER
    If he brings a title to Louisville, he will be a legend.

Difference between 3 and 5 is pretty significant.

Money isn't the only deciding factor obviously. To the OP, you live in dreamworld if you honestly think Mack isn't considering this. To me, he seems like a pretty intelligent person. Only a complete imbecile would not entertain it.
    Really, just how much financial security do you need? For future generations? He's going to be making gobs of money no matter what. His children are ALREADY going to be set for life. You really think he's looking at 2-3 generations down the line......

If he brings a title to Louisville, he will be a legend.
    My point is that whoever coaches there is going to have one tough job ever being held in higher regard that Crum or Pitnio. Good luck living up to those expectations.