Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KabeX View Post
    I wouldn't underestimate the Christi factor. His girls are what 6th grade? Brayden is still pre-school. Not a bad time to make the move if your wife really wants to be back in her hometown. Throw in 35 Million other reasons and a chance to bring a blue blood back to respectability ... He's gone guys. But i agree, X will be fine.
    Ohhhh, no! Multiple studies have shown that it is VERY bad to move your kids until they have several Masters degrees and have a happy 40th birthday party at the home in which they grew up.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Ohhhh, no! Multiple studies have shown that it is VERY bad to move your kids until they have several Masters degrees and have a happy 40th birthday party at the home in which they grew up.
    LOL. Unfortunately that is more and more the case these days.
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by KabeX View Post
    LOL. Unfortunately that is more and more the case these days.
    I know one or two......

Junior
    I know one or two......
    I am one or two!
    zip em up

Quote Originally Posted by BandAid View Post
    I am one or two!
    Can’t make up your mind?

Junior
    Can’t make up your mind?
    No. Maybe after my next Master's degree I'll know...
    zip em up

Quote Originally Posted by BandAid View Post
    No. Maybe after my next Master's degree I'll know...
    We have friends with a daughter that has 6 degrees. Four undergrad from FSU, a couple grad degrees from Georgetown. She’s still trying to get by in DC. The parents won’t offer, but are waiting for her to make the call and ask to come home. She’s great and we love her, but waiting for her to find her path. It will happen.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    We have friends with a daughter that has 6 degrees. Four undergrad from FSU, a couple grad degrees from Georgetown. She’s still trying to get by in DC. The parents won’t offer, but are waiting for her to make the call and ask to come home. She’s great and we love her, but waiting for her to find her path. It will happen.
    Not saying this is the case with your friends daughter, but I dont think high schools kids get nearly enough (good) guidance on what a is a good thing to get a degree in. Parents (mostly), counselors, teachers, do kids that young a big disservice letting them go into some of the dumb BS majors there are out there. Then they come out with tons of debt and no job prospects and are surprised why they cant find a job with that art degree.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Not saying this is the case with your friends daughter, but I dont think high schools kids get nearly enough (good) guidance on what a is a good thing to get a degree in. Parents (mostly), counselors, teachers, do kids that young a big disservice letting them go into some of the dumb BS majors there are out there. Then they come out with tons of debt and no job prospects and are surprised why they cant find a job with that art degree.
    Lived this recently with step-daughter. Went to SCPA (Performing Arts in Cincy). Wanted to major in ballet. Looked at IU ($35K + R/B) and Butler ($40K + R/B) and didn't even want to think about UC (you know where this is going). She was accepted into both schools but not the ballet programs (did not know that Butler had such a good/competitive program). Well the day she was accepted into CCM was about the only day I ever said "YES. GO BEARCATS". The deal was I pay all tuition. She pays everything else. I thought this was a good deal. Then about 3 weeks before school started she decided she wanted to live on campus. I said "That's nice. How are you going to pay for it?" To make an already too long of a post a little shorter - she had @ $25K in loans and I covered the rent and part of the tuition. She's a smart kid but was adamant about this major. She's working in a fitness club now.
    Xavier is THE University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    I totally get that. She’s not “hungry”, but she is brilliant. Being hungry is what made her dad so successful as a software guy. He too is brilliant, but he grew up in a trailer park and saw people come to repossess his TV. She grew up in a million dollar plus house.

When we get back to Florida we often stay at their “beach house” they paid $1.6 mil for. They will tear it down soon and have plans for a new palace they will build on the site. There is something to be said for being hungry!