Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kevin McGuff strikes again

I just saw Ohio State lost at home as a #3 seed to #11 Central Michigan in the Women's Tournament. In four years with the second-leading scorer in NCAA history (Kelsey Mitchell), OSU never made it past the Sweet Sixteen. Awfully similar to the Harris-Phillips years here.

Were Harris and Phillips not on the team that was one missed layup away from the Final Four?

In any event, maybe Ohio State will fire him and he can make his triumphant return to Xavier!

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Were Harris and Phillips not on the team that was one missed layup away from the Final Four?

In any event, maybe Ohio State will fire him and he can make his triumphant return to Xavier!
    Yes they were, I remember watching that and being so sad/frustrated for them. Same girl missed TWO layups that would have sealed it.

2010 I believe.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Yes they were, I remember watching that and being so sad/frustrated for them. Same girl missed TWO layups that would have sealed it.

2010 I believe.
    Yes, but that group won only one other NCAA tournament game in five years (Harris was a year older than Phillips, but missed one season due to injury). Most of those years they lost as the better seed.

McGuff. Great recruiter, lousy game coach. dayton’s guy used to coach rings around him.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

In light of the current status of Xavier women's team, I sure wish McGuff was still here.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    You're thinking of Jim Jabir. Dayton actually had their best years shortly after McGuff left Xavier for the Washington job.

As frustrating as postseason was with him at times, it's a much better situation compared to where it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    McGuff. Great recruiter, lousy game coach. dayton’s guy used to coach rings around him.
    Yep. That pretty much sums him up. Also, when Kelsey Mitchell committed to OSU, McGuff hired her dad as an assistant. Shady to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cinskyline View Post
    Yep. That pretty much sums him up. Also, when Kelsey Mitchell committed to OSU, McGuff hired her dad as an assistant. Shady to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interesting, did not know that. The optics of that looks horrible. Very sketchy.
    Zip'em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    You're thinking of Jim Jabir. Dayton actually had their best years shortly after McGuff left Xavier for the Washington job.

As frustrating as postseason was with him at times, it's a much better situation compared to where it is now.
    Yup.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell