Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BCole4Life View Post
    What makes it dumb?
    It's a moot point. We're not going to play them. It's exactly the same reason why it would be dumb to ask if we could beat Duke or Kansas.

Being a one seed in a down year in college hoops, there was, and may not be, a better chance for Xavier to have finally won a region. And we failed. With that though... were we even going to beat Gonzaga?
    Here you basically say, "We failed, but were we going to fail next week?" Who cares? Then your justification for this thought is that sweet 16s don't excite you. Good to know.

The cherry on top is that we would have just delayed the inevitable by winning this week. No shit. Literally every team in this tournament except one is delaying the inevitable by playing any of the games. So to play along, would we have beaten Gonzaga? Maybe not, but we sure as hell would have better odds if we beat FSU.

Oh and your post isn't dumb because it's not the point of a message board. I've lost months of my life to global warming debates on this site. It's dumb because it's dumb.

The answer is "Yes" without a doubt -They would have beaten Gonzaga... if in that next game with the Zags Naji was actually able to play for much of it and if our best player was able to perform anywhere close to his potential ... and if the refs in that game understand that "No contact" means no foul.
    Last edited by IM4X; 03-20-2018 at 10:51 AM.

Freshman
    Given the beat down we just saw last night, I think we can say for sure: "Yes. Yes we would have."

Yes.
    Run the table.

But were we even going to beat Michigan......

They have Muhammad Ali on their team for God's sake. And he's the Greatest.

It's almost like you can't predict what's going to happen in the tournament these days. Crazy

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    But were we even going to beat Michigan......

They have Muhammad Ali on their team for God's sake. And he's the Greatest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    It's almost like you can't predict what's going to happen in the tournament these days. Crazy
    But were we going to beat Kentucky?
    zip em up

Yeah I feel a little silly about this now.

Regardless, there is nothing about FSU's roster and game that you can point to and say.. 'yes, i understand why they're playing in a regional final.' All this is fluky, which bums me out even more. Top teams were going down and those top teams clearly weren't dominant. Everything was aligned for our first Final Four. Maybe even more.

It's Friday. I am an adult with plenty of other things to worry about and spend time on, yet I am still upset like a 12 year old fan would be.

The ways teams are playing in this tournament, I really feel that, on a normal night, X can beat any one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by BCole4Life View Post
    Yeah I feel a little silly about this now.

Admitting it is half the battle!
    Xavier Basketball: We're Not Scared of Anyone!
    Zip Em Up!