Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    It's the depth that concerns me. And the shooting, but I'm counting on picking up at least one grad transfer. The depth is the really scary part. Think about how lucky we were this season with injuries, and we went 9 deep. We also need another big man, since our frosh will be a project and Jones can barely play 20 minutes without a considerable drop-off.

At least our defense will be better. I'm gonna miss JP and Tre like crazy, but defense was not their forte.

We have 10 guys this year and Mack has said he likes that number. Don’t sleep on harden. He is that long shooter we need. Also remember he was a true 18 year old freshman this season. I bet he makes a jump. Marshall and Scruggs are studs. I don’t think you have seen what Marshall can really do. Front court is our biggest deficiency and not because of Jones. Boudreaux and Walter will need to step up.

Goodin
    Harden
    Marshall
    Gates
    Jones

If Boudreaux is good I could see Marshall playing the 2 and pushing Harden to bench. I see a better defensive team that doesn’t score as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look for X to land a big man via juco or 5th year
    Zip'em Up!

Paul and Q are starting together, get over it. Would expect to see the staff go after a combo-guard type Grad transfer to play off of the bench.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzx12 View Post
    and for the love of god hopefully defense as a result
    There definitely will be some differences without two turnstiles on defense out there. Macura and Bluiett were *not* good on-ball defenders.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by NWOHMuskie View Post
    This may not work but I don't see putting both your PGs out on the floor to start the game. Leaves no fallback.
    Nah, you can make it work. Q has already shown he can play 40 minutes a game if he has to, albeit at a slower tempo. I don't see next year's team running / scoring quickly nearly as much as this year.

Sophomore
    This is a pretty massive change for our team and we'll need time for guys to get used to all their new roles. What are the expectations for next year? I'd gotta think just making the tournament would be a successful season.

Quote Originally Posted by mistabeecee41 View Post
    Paul and Q are starting together, get over it.
    No.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    No.
    I'm sorry, I laughed out loud at this response. No, they're not going to start together, or no, you're not going to get over it? Oh hell, why not both?
    zip em up

Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    This is a pretty massive change for our team and we'll need time for guys to get used to all their new roles. What are the expectations for next year? I'd gotta think just making the tournament would be a successful season.
    Keep a winning record in conference play. That's my only goal for next year.

I think this team could really struggle to score next year, absent a miraculous turnaround from Gates as a senior.