Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Sophomore
    That's about my line of thinking, with what we need, and if we get it how we will do.

Our starting 5 is big and athletic. They will be capable of playing great defense, and getting to the hole. They won't shoot great from the outside, but if they can get to the hole, get fouled, and make free throws, that'll be huge. Scoring in transition, limiting turnovers, and offensive rebounding will be the way this team wins games (from an offensive standpoint). Steele stressed in his podcast with Evan Daniels how important offensive rebounding will be to the team, and that should be very true. (Also talked about how they need to have the best offseason they have all ever had, which gets me excited).

If one of Harden/Kennedy can provide shooting off the bench, and we get a backup big who can score a little, and a backup 1 or 2 who can shoot consistently from three, we'll be just fine. I'd say similar to Creighton/Seton Hall this year, where we're fringe top 25. Probably somewhere between 9-9 and 11-7 in conference.

Sophomore
    I wish I had the confidence of some of you. We were the 7th worst 3-pt shooting team last year and we lose our best three shooters. We are going to struggle to score.

We absolutely will struggle to score. Our defense should be better though so hopefully it will even out. Our defense this year was porous at best.

xu95

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    I wish I had the confidence of some of you. We were the 7th worst 3-pt shooting team last year and we lose our best three shooters. We are going to struggle to score.
    As much as people may want to hate him, Gates was 2nd in 3P% for the team last year. Naji was 4th, ahead of Kanter.

Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    As much as people may want to hate him, Gates was 2nd in 3P% for the team last year. Naji was 4th, ahead of Kanter.
    True, but in 18 regular season conference games, he only shot .297% (19-64) from three. He probably shot equally poor in the postseason.

Goodin even made 17 three's in conference play.

Gates will HAVE to be more consistent next year because he is our only "consistent" threat from three returning.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    True, but in 18 regular season conference games, he only shot .297% (19-64) from three. He probably shot equally poor in the postseason.

Goodin even made 17 three's in conference play.

Gates will HAVE to be more consistent next year because he is our only "consistent" threat from three returning.
    Gates will have to be more of an inside presence next year. I think he will be used much differently because of our needs.

We are going to rely a ton on turnovers leading to transition baskets a ton next year. Can definitely win a ton of games that way especially with how some of our guys can finish at the basket. If we could just get one more grad transfer 3 point shooter(or even if Harden or Kennedy can step in and shoot 37-38% from 3) we should be fine. Our biggest weakness this year was being exploited in our transition defense. We just have to do what teams did to us next year.

Quote Originally Posted by xuwin View Post
    Gates will have to be more of an inside presence next year. I think he will be used much differently because of our needs.
    0% chance.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    0% chance.
    I gonna love riding the Ferris Wheel next year.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

The Ferris Wheel has committed and I hope he helps X BIG time