Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Yeah, BigMoe apparently commented having not done that. Jake has to vastly improve on his speed from rim to rim or it would make no sense for him to be out there. 5 on 4 is not a good recipe for success.But anyway this is a starting lineup thread. Anyone think TJ can start at the 4 while Hankins get the start at center? Love a traditional POWER forward!
    Last edited by Xuperman; 05-10-2018 at 07:04 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Yeah, BigMoe apparently commented having not done that. Jake has to vastly improve on his speed from rim to rim or it would make no sense for him to be out there. 5 on 4 is not a good recipe for success.But anyway this is a starting lineup thread. Anyone think TJ can start at the 4 while Hankins get the start at center? Love a traditional POWER forward!
    He will on occasion, but never in a starting line up. Too many teams play small now. It's what the college game has turned into. Would you want Tyrique guarding a Naji or Bluiett type at the 4? He'd get his doors blown off. They also probably won't play much together due to lack of depth at the 5. I don't see Jake playing much, so we don't want our two other bigs out there collecting fouls at the same time.

Only way I see it is if we are playing someone like Seton Hall when they had Sanogo and Delgado or if we go to a 1-3-1 to switch things up. I do love the traditional PF. I remember we played at Creighton a few years back and ended up losing, but we stayed in the game by playing both Farr and Jalen and feeding the ball inside every possession. It's definitely fun to watch.
    Last edited by XMuskieFTW; 05-10-2018 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Going to be interesting to see how much "baby fat" Big Jake can lose in the next 6 months. Stamina is a problem, but if he comes in noticeably leaner/stronger and is able to get back on defense faster, he will contribute some quality minutes. Otherwise he is a perfect candidate for a red shirt.
    I am guessing the concern about Big Jake that is swirling, is that he is looking to red shirt. I personally hope that he does.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 05-31-2018 at 09:17 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club