Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    I don't want to see Scruggs and Goodin starting together unless one of them becomes much better at scoring in the offseason.

Keonte Kennedy is almost certainly going to start as a guard next season. Probably at the expense of Gates or Scruggs, if I had to guess.
    I thought the rigid views of basketball positions had died out, but I guess not.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

My rigid view is that you need at LEAST one guard who is a reliable shooter. Right now, that's neither Q nor Scruggs.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    My rigid view is that you need at LEAST one guard who is a reliable shooter. Right now, that's neither Q nor Scruggs.
    You can make up for it with shooting at the 3 and 4 spots, but honestly, this team just isn't going to have multiple knock-down shooters. The only guards who are supposed to be anything approaching that are a skinny sophomore who didn't play much this past year and a freshman who doesn't exactly have a college-ready physique himself. Really, if you give a lot of minutes to one of them at the expense of Scruggs and Goodin, your offense will probably be worse and your overall team will definitely be worse.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

No but both should be able to get to rim at will and both should be excellent defenders. On the bright side both improved greatly shooting the ball. I started to feel very comfortable with Paul on the floor.

Junior
    Nor is it anyone else on the roster that we've seen.

Junior
    I expect Q, Scruggs and Marshall to be practicing a lot of 3-point shots this offseason.

I expect Naji to be the leading scorer on the team.

Just watched a few YouTube videos of Evan Boudreaux. The guy says in all his high school videos he is 6'7" (not like the listed 6'8" at Dartmouth). He's got a nice all around game and pretty looking shot. I know the change in competition will be huge for him, but from what I saw he really was assertive at both ends of the court. Hopefully like a Kevin Frey who can actually shoot it a little. He rebounds, but I don't see him as an inside bruiser unfortunately, so Jones will be our sole banger. But if Gates is going to try living at the three point line as often as he does, having a guy like Boudreaux on the floor might be good thing.

It would be incredible if Bryce Golden (Pitt decommit) decided to look at XU again. 6'9" 220 skilled kid would be just what the doctor ordered.

My hope is at least 1 guard enters the Tu Holloway post season workout. He shot 100,000 shots in practice and it bore fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post

I expect Naji to be the leading scorer on the team.
    So do I, though I expect it to be a more balanced scoring effort where a lot of the starters are pretty close in ppg.

Walk-On
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierj View Post
    No but both should be able to get to rim at will and both should be excellent defenders. On the bright side both improved greatly shooting the ball. I started to feel very comfortable with Paul on the floor.
    This is exactly what I'm thinking. Scruggs and Q will definitely log plenty of minutes together with Scruggs (in my opinion) drifting over to the 2. All I've heard all year is that he and Q are $$$ from three in practice and we didn't really see it in game until the end of the year. I thought Scruggs improved more than any player on the team from game 1 to last night. He, Q, and Naji are special, game changing players and with another year under their belts will show even more improvement.

We have to hope Gates figures it out over the off-season. He can be a great rebounder and defender at times and we all know what happens when he gets hot from the outside. It will be interesting to see how Jones plays without having to share minutes with big Sean and Kanter. Hopefully he can step it up and become the type of small center/PF we all think he can be.

Harden was a 4* recruit if I remember correctly. Hopefully he stays and shows off what made X and other big schools give him offers.

Typing all of this out...I'm feeling a lot better about next year.