Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Brunson is only a junior and I dont think hes leaving early because I'm not sure he's going to get a first round guarantee.

But I agree with the rest of your post.
    Probably wishful thinking on my part. It does look like he's projected as a second rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by throwbackmuskie View Post
    I can see a more uptempo team, more of a run and gun for next year. Scruggs and Q will start together, we have seen them play a lot together this year. I think Hardin will make a good leap, he's got a nice stroke, needed a year to grow as a player, hopefully he steps of this offseason knowing he has a chance to get big piece next season. I also saw where James is the highest rater player coming in, I think he will provide good minutes, like Jones did his freshman year. I agree would be nice to add another guard.
    If anything, we're probably going to play at a slower pace next year, which might be a good thing.

X had one of the fastest adj. tempos in the country last year. Not going to next year.

I have a tough time seeing Jalen Brunson in a Villanova uniform next year. I think he's gone.
    Run the table.

May be wishful thinking on my part but I think both Brunson and Bridges are gone.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by letskeepitreal View Post
    May be wishful thinking on my part but I think both Brunson and Bridges are gone.
    Agree, especially if Villanova wins the title.

Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    Agree, especially if Villanova wins the title.
    Yeah if those two leave it's a bit more open for us, who knows what our bottom feeders are going to do, I think the verdict is still out on Ewing at Georgetown, he has kind of an interesting class coming in, our class isn't great, but I trust our player development, as we've seen over the years, I'd be surprised if we weren't competitive. The Big East for sure is going to look very strange next year not seeing all these guys that were critical to their teams.

I agree with the sentiment that we will be much more balanced next year. If the defense is stronger, I think we could be a very good team next year (not great, but good). I expect the scoring to be reminiscent of the 07-08 team where the top guy (Marshall, I'd expect) is around 12 or 13 ppg, but there will be five or six guys hovering around double figures. Also, agree that the main concern is depth at the bigs. Need another center. Jones can play a lot more than he did this year, but definitely need another quality big.

Josh Duncan 1 SR F 6-8 Cincinnati, OH 12.4 Pts, 4.7 Reb, 1.3 Ast
    Derrick Brown 5 SO F 6-8 227 Dayton, OH 10.9 Pts, 6.5 Reb, 1.7 Ast
    C.J. Anderson 20 JR G 6-6 225 Cincinnati, OH 10.7 Pts, 5.9 Reb, 1.5 Ast
    Drew Lavender 24 SR G 5-7 153 Columbus, OH 10.8 Pts, 2.7 Reb, 4.5 Ast
    B.J. Raymond 11 JR F 6-6 226 Toledo, OH 9.9 Pts, 3.0 Reb, 0.9 Ast
    Stanley Burrell 34 SR G 6-3 210 Indianapolis, IN 9.7 Pts, 2.2 Reb, 3.8 Ast
    Last edited by Muskeagle; 03-20-2018 at 05:58 PM.
    We've been working hard the whole year...we're staying focused and keeping it one game at a time. --Justin Cage

I agree with the sentiment that we will be much more balanced next year. If the defense is stronger, I think we could be a very good team next year (not great, but good). I expect the scoring to be reminiscent of the 07-08 team where the top guy (Marshall, I'd expect) is around 12 or 13 ppg, but there will be five or six guys hovering around double figures. Also, agree that the main concern is depth at the bigs. Need another center. Jones can play a lot more than he did this year, but definitely need another quality big.

Josh Duncan 1 SR F 6-8 Cincinnati, OH 12.4 Pts, 4.7 Reb, 1.3 Ast
    Derrick Brown 5 SO F 6-8 227 Dayton, OH 10.9 Pts, 6.5 Reb, 1.7 Ast
    C.J. Anderson 20 JR G 6-6 225 Cincinnati, OH 10.7 Pts, 5.9 Reb, 1.5 Ast
    Drew Lavender 24 SR G 5-7 153 Columbus, OH 10.8 Pts, 2.7 Reb, 4.5 Ast
    B.J. Raymond 11 JR F 6-6 226 Toledo, OH 9.9 Pts, 3.0 Reb, 0.9 Ast
    Stanley Burrell 34 SR G 6-3 210 Indianapolis, IN 9.7 Pts, 2.2 Reb, 3.8 Ast
    Last edited by Muskeagle; 03-20-2018 at 05:58 PM.
    We've been working hard the whole year...we're staying focused and keeping it one game at a time. --Justin Cage

We all know there's of course a more than likely chance something will happen to the roster in the next 2 years. But even the following year we will get everyone back except Kaiser, with experienced Seniors Quentin Goodin and Tyrique Jones and upperclassmen Paul Scruggs and Naji Marshall leading the NCAA charge. There are bright times ahead.
    Run the table.

sorry for the double post.