Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

2018-2019 Lineup

PG: Goodin
    SG: Scruggs
    SF: Marshall
    PF/F: Gates
    F/C: Jones

____
    the way it looks to me the day after the season ends.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Supporting Member
    Seeing that...we are going to be exponentially more athletic next year. Athleticism doesn't equal wins but I do like the potential. Frontcourt has to improve over the summer though to not take a significant step back from this year.

One change for me:
    SG: Marshall
    F: Boudreaux
    F: Gates

This may not work but I don't see putting both your PGs out on the floor to start the game. Leaves no fallback.
    Last edited by NWOHMuskie; 03-19-2018 at 11:18 AM.

There's no other way to say it -- they need Gates & Goodin to massively step up next year.

Defense should improve a bit, but you look at that group and wonder who is going to get buckets. Depth is extremely concerning as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post

____
    I don't want to see Scruggs and Goodin starting together unless one of them becomes much better at scoring in the offseason.

Keonte Kennedy is almost certainly going to start as a guard next season. Probably at the expense of Gates or Scruggs, if I had to guess.

Junior
    Next year's team will have more lateral quickness, so we can hopefully expect to see an improvement in our man defense. Similarly, with Q, Scruggs, and Naji on the floor we'll see our offense be based more on penetration with occasional kick-outs to Gates, Boudreaux and Kennedy.
    zip em up

We need to go to the Marcus Foster store and pick up an 2018/19 model
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Supporting Member
    Hopefully harden has a big summer. Depth is only a concern if there's an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post

____
    If you'd have asked me 24 hours ago, I'd have been comfortable with this lineup. After watching the end of the first half last night, I'm now a bit terrified.

Small sample sizes and all, but that's the last impression on that lineup we get until the fall.

Freshman
    Happy to get this thread going. Will help the sting go away of what could have been. Losing Tre, JP, and Kerem will obviously take the majority of our deep threat away; however, the one thing we definitely gain is a massive upgrade in athleticism and for the love of god hopefully defense as a result. We dont need to score 90 ppg if we can hold opponents to 60-65 for the most part and our half court defense was pretty impressive last night. The turnovers just fed right into what FSU wanted to do and about the only way they could score. Still a lot of time to settle the lineup but we have Goodin, Scruggs, Naji, Kaiser, and Jones all coming back and a full offseason to improve and develop. That's a strong core to start with regardless of how last night went with Tre and JP on the bench.

Also feel like someone has to redshirt but not sure who unless we're planning on going 10 deep? Boudreaux and Harden have to be in the rotation I would imagine but we also have Kennedy, James, and Walter. I'd peg Walter as that guy but do we skip the rS because without him we don't really have any sort of size? Thoughts?