Page 48 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    Question: I'm recalling that Matta made Sean Miller an Assistant Head Coach during their tenure together on Victory Parkway. Am I recalling that correctly?

If that were the case, did Miller pursue the same set-up with Chris?

Were we to lose Chris, I'm thinking Steele as HC with Murray as Assistant Head Coach. Circle the wagons and begin to rebuild the continuity thing as best we can.

p.s. How Gonzaga escapes this phenomenon I can only guess: a lucky, one-of-a-kind guy that likes the Pacific Northwest and fishing, who's recruiting ties do not make him particularly attractive to certain bigger programs with openings - unlike what we face being located in Cincinnati with Ohio State, IU, UK, UL, etc. all in close proximity.

These complete idiots in Louisville crank up hookers, sex in restaurants and God knows what else, and we'll end up paying for it. OUR GUY - an alum from the City - still leaves us for all that. The narrative will be so much fun to deal with for a while. But, like everything else in life, time will pass, we will move on, Xavier will continue to win and develop its own legacy, and so forth and so on...
    Wouldn't Murray be Mack's top assistant if we hire Steele? Can't imagine he wouldnt go with Mack.
    Last edited by D-West & PO-Z; 03-22-2018 at 01:30 PM.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Would Murray be Mack's top assistant if we hire Steele? Can't imagine he wouldnt go with Mack.
    Yeah -- if Murray stays an assistant coach (assuming he doesn't get the X gig or some other gig in the next few weeks), he'd be foolish not to go to Louisville with Mack. The money alone would be incentive to go.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    The one positive though in being a top assistant at X is that when the current guy leaves you are the most likely candidate to take the job. XU has to be about one of the if not the best job a guy could get without any HC experience. Not too many programs at our level that hire coaches without HC experience, even their own assistants.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    This sucks. The U of L is skanksville. Before Pitino, Louisville had dwindled to an afterthought in college basketball. Pitino rebuilt that program through cheating and being a grossy. And those who talk about one and doners at Louisville, who are they? I’m sure my memory sucks, but they haven’t recruited at all on the same level as OSU or Arizona, not to mention the real blue bloods. Whether other programs are corrupt, I’m sure, but we KNOW Louisville has to resort to nasty tactics to compete. In a way, I always thought it was cool that X coaches had left for jobs at Wake, OSU, and Zona. Louisville grosses me out. Mack could make lots of money at lots of places. I’m sorry, my perception of him will change if he takes this job, at least from the perspective of good taste. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Maybe he’ll come to his senses.

By the way, why does everyone forget about Jud Heathcote and Magic Johnson when talking MSU?

Sophomore
    Were we to lose Chris, I'm thinking Steele as HC with Murray as Assistant Head Coach. Circle the wagons and begin to rebuild the continuity thing as best we can.
    If we hire Steele, Mack takes everyone else with him, at least anyone else who痴 worth a damn.
    Last edited by XUBison; 03-22-2018 at 02:02 PM.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    If we hire Steele, Mack takes everyone else with him, at least anyone else who’s worth a damn.
    So did Sean (except for Mario), and that worked out fine for us.

Junior
    Question: I'm recalling that Matta made Sean Miller an Assistant Head Coach during their tenure together on Victory Parkway. Am I recalling that correctly?

If that were the case, did Miller pursue the same set-up with Chris?
    Associate Head Coach, which is basically "Next-in-line-for-head-coach", and yeah, both Miller and Mack held that title, and Steele holds that title now. Like Banners on the Parkway said, X hasn't "hired" a coach since Matta.

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    This sucks. The U of L is skanksville. Before Pitino, Louisville had dwindled to an afterthought in college basketball. Pitino rebuilt that program through cheating and being a grossy. And those who talk about one and doners at Louisville, who are they? I’m sure my memory sucks, but they haven’t recruited at all on the same level as OSU or Arizona, not to mention the real blue bloods. Whether other programs are corrupt, I’m sure, but we KNOW Louisville has to resort to nasty tactics to compete. In a way, I always thought it was cool that X coaches had left for jobs at Wake, OSU, and Zona. Louisville grosses me out. Mack could make lots of money at lots of places. I’m sorry, my perception of him will change if he takes this job, at least from the perspective of good taste. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Maybe he’ll come to his senses.

By the way, why does everyone forget about Jud Heathcote and Magic Johnson when talking MSU?

My wife is a huge UofL fan so I have a little different insight into their athletics and I have to say the above is TOTALLY true. They are the Cincinnati Bengals of NCAA athletics. Think about this... If Mack takes the job (which I think he will) his counterpart will be this D bag::

220px-Arkansas_Coach_Bobby_Petrino.jpg

Who Ville fans were genuinely excited to see come back to coach their football squad!!! SERIOUSLY they were excited for the return of their barely above average offense only coach who was fired in disgrace from the job he originally left Louisville for!!!

So Mack's a good guy and all I personally wish him well.. But sports wise we hate him and Louisville's guts now, right?
    Run the table.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    So Mack's a good guy and all I personally wish him well.. But sports wise we hate him and Louisville's guts now, right?
    Yeah, that's kind of my feeling. Somehow it was different for me when Miller went all the way to Arizona. Maybe it was the distance, or maybe it was the inevitability of him leaving and Mack taking the job.