Page 34 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Just a little bit off topic, does anyone think that this UL biz hanging over X was the reason for our recruiting woes this year ? It didn't appear to affect the games, but how is Mack suddenly unable to re hit with 4 seniors leaving?
    I think they shot high and just missed. The Louisville stuff came out after all of that but other coaches may have had an idea it was coming and used that against X.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Backyard Champ View Post
    Could be wrong, but 7-10 days seems to me like their pretty confident in their guy. If not, the process would likely take longer. Also, I'd imagine that if they know Mack is accepting, announcing right before the final four would be ideal. Thus the 7-10 days and not now. I say ideal because they make a big splash as the sports world is tuning into the final four.
    I can't imagine Mack wants this lingering over his head and his families, and XU's for 10 days. If they want him and he wants to go I'd imagine he would say we need to get this done ASAP.

7-10 days to me felt like they were setting themselves up not to look silly if Mack said no because it will take longer to get their other guy whereas Mack would I would think be a pretty quick hire.

Edit: Can't imagine*
    Last edited by D-West & PO-Z; 03-21-2018 at 08:43 PM.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sometimes this all blows me away.
    They're talking about tossing $3 million at Hurley at UConn or Pitt, and he's been to 2 NCAA's and never out of the first weekend.
    Shaka gets a magical run to a FF, goes to Texas and hasn't won a NCAA game yet.
    Archie gets a magical run to a E8, goes to IU for the big $, and it remains to be seen what he can do.

Mack is so much more than those three guys. He's got a proven track record at X and in the NCAA's.
    He's so competitive, I fully expect him to go to another higher profile school...and it kills me. I want him to do what Wright has done at Nova.
    And I believe he could do it here.
    Oh well. Get the popcorn ready.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I admit I was lurking on the Louisville boards today looking for new information. Don’t waste your time. It was just the same old “my wife’s hairdresser’s dog walker said Chris Mack was house hunting in Louisville today...”

Anyway, I was somewhat surprised to see a vocal minority that wants to retain David Padgett. Got me thinking. Would Padgett be in play as new coach if Mack bolts? He really did an admirable job as HC this year under difficult circumstances.

Also, have two coaches ever swapped jobs?
    "It's like X wasn't given enough to do, so they had to promise it more. Okay, you don't start a lot of words, but we'll give you a co-starring role in tic-tac-toe. And you will be associated with hugs and kisses. And you will mark the spot. And you will make writing Christmas easier." -Mitch Hedberg

Padgett is awful. Xavier wouldn't possibly go that route.

Sean Miller had to come out and deny that he was interested in the Pitt job tonight.

Interesting.

Sean would never do such a thing. Now in this case I actually believe him, I think.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn稚 have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post
    Sean Miller had to come out and deny that he was interested in the Pitt job tonight.

Interesting.
    Why is that interesting? Just curious what you are reading into this?

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Sean would never do such a thing. Now in this case I actually believe him, I think.
    That’s where we are different. I never think. Can you tell?

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveat View Post

Interesting.
    That was only after Pitt apparently didnt have interest either. From what I read their AD comes from a compliance background.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17