Page 104 of 123 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1225
    Sophomore
    Lol, fair point. But they would suck even more if it comes out that a contributing factor in losing to said Leonard Hamilton coached team was Mack having a foot halfway out the door.

Watching the Michigan v FSU game Saturday with Michigan friends was horrendous. I know Michigan's defense is good, but... I've seen better sets run, and more effectively, in CYO games.

I think we will all be very thankful in a few years that Mack left. I really do. I think Louisville fans are going to be calling for his head in the near future. It’s time for X and Mack to move on. He was a good coach that achieved some
    Success while at X. I just don’t think he is the guy to get this team over the hump. Thanks Mack for all you have done, you were a great ambassador to the university and I wish you well in Louisville.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn稚 have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    The sheer amount of chatter about this move has made it pretty difficult to give him the benefit IMHO. 1) We've been hearing this is where he'd go for years. 2) There were rumors at the start of the tournament that it was a done deal. 3) Now this.

Any of those taken on their own face would make me write them off. But the culmination has me convinced that this has been in the making for awhile.
    I was meaning it was hard to believe he was talking to recruits about Louisville. That is slimy as hell. Not that he is actually going to Louisville.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    Saw a thread started on this Louisville message board saying something similar.

https://247sports.com/college/louisv...ille-116701161

It's either....

A) something completely bogus that a Louisville fan made up

or

B) something that is true and Mack (or a coach he plans to take with him if he leaves) is checking to see if recruits were still planning to commit to Louisville

or

C) a clever strategy Mack is using to get to know Louisville recruits better, so if he ultimately decides to stay at X, he will have a better shot at getting them to come to X instead.
    You are making it seem like its guys Louisville has been recruiting. I think it is guys Mack and staff had been recruiting already FOR XAVIER.

I hope it isnt true.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    I think we will all be very thankful in a few years that Mack left. I really do. I think Louisville fans are going to be calling for his head in the near future. It’s time for X and Mack to move on. He was a good coach that achieved some
    Success while at X. I just don’t think he is the guy to get this team over the hump. Thanks Mack for all you have done, you were a great ambassador to the university and I wish you well in Louisville.
    The irony of it is that Louisville fans are already calling for his head because of the loss to a Hamilton-coached team.

To the other point, I don't think there is anything to point to say he isn't the one to get us over the hump and into the Final Four and beyond. At least as to compared to whoever ultimately replaces him. However, I hope you're right (as to the next guy getting us over the hump).

Sophomore
    Eh, I'm fine with him telling/taking recruits. Happened with Miller, happens with a lot of coaches. It's more fair to a kid than committing to a school with no coach and no assurance that whoever replaces him will still offer them. There's no guarantee there, so I'm fine with Mack and/or assistants taking them to Louisville. It's the nature of the beast.

I just wish it had played out differently (mainly, that we were still playing). Just sucks to go from such a program high (I never imagined us getting a #1 seed) to the first weekend choke, followed by the whole bracket/tournament looking a heck of a lot more winnable than anyone would've thought, and then losing our best coach to cap it all off.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Working through the stages of grief, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    You are making it seem like its guys Louisville has been recruiting. I think it is guys Mack and staff had been recruiting already FOR XAVIER.

I hope it isnt true.
    If Mack leaves, he's already telling the world (in not so many words) "My alma mater isn't good enough for me." Any recruiting nonsense he engages in on the way out the door pales in comparison to just that, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by markchal View Post
    Eh, I'm fine with him telling/taking recruits. Happened with Miller, happens with a lot of coaches. It's more fair to a kid than committing to a school with no coach and no assurance that whoever replaces him will still offer them. There's no guarantee there, so I'm fine with Mack and/or assistants taking them to Louisville. It's the nature of the beast.

I just wish it had played out differently (mainly, that we were still playing). Just sucks to go from such a program high (I never imagined us getting a #1 seed) to the first weekend choke, followed by the whole bracket/tournament looking a heck of a lot more winnable than anyone would've thought, and then losing our best coach to cap it all off.
    The problem is not that he may be taking recruits with him. The problem would be if he is recruiting them to Louisville while he is still an employee of Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by xuwin View Post
    The problem is not that he may be taking recruits with him. The problem would be if he is recruiting them to Louisville while he is still an employee of Xavier.
    Yes, exactly.