Page 47 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    It could be worse. The next coach could've been very good at basketball. Then we would have real problems.
    Run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    I would consider Tu as an assistant bc he has Steele balls
    And Kelsey's (too soon?)
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

We certainly didn't make the NCAA this year, and everybody knows that our expectations are much higher than that, to compete for national championships. They're difficult to come by. We've only had one in the last 32 years and it got snagged away from us
    Apparently they did win a NC in the last 32 years according to their AD.

And then someone (maybe the Grinch?) just came along out of nowhere, while no one was looking, and "snagged" it away.

Don't you just hate that?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Brad Stevens. That should get you to 66.7%
    Fake news! Stevens played at DePauw.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAid View Post
    I fully expect Steele to be the next coach, but I hope they go through at least a brief interview process considering outside candidates.
    They did with Mack when he was the heir apparent, so, yeah, I'm sure they will again.

Quote Originally Posted by danaandvictory View Post
    Fake news! Stevens played at DePauw.
    I said college! What is that, some sort of fluffy bear?

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I'd love to see/hear the list of candidates before just handing it to Steele. Not that I dont think he could be very successful but I am sure some already very successful coaches would be interested.

Didnt Snow say there are apparently some big names that would be interested in the X job? He didnt know who but that is what he was told. Maybe one was Hurley though.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Here's some spin for you - maybe Hurley took the UConn job because he knew Mack wasn't leaving.

Question: I'm recalling that Matta made Sean Miller an Assistant Head Coach during their tenure together on Victory Parkway. Am I recalling that correctly?

If that were the case, did Miller pursue the same set-up with Chris?

Were we to lose Chris, I'm thinking Steele as HC with Murray as Assistant Head Coach. Circle the wagons and begin to rebuild the continuity thing as best we can.

p.s. How Gonzaga escapes this phenomenon I can only guess: a lucky, one-of-a-kind guy that likes the Pacific Northwest and fishing, who's recruiting ties do not make him particularly attractive to certain bigger programs with openings - unlike what we face being located in Cincinnati with Ohio State, IU, UK, UL, etc. all in close proximity.

These complete idiots in Louisville crank up hookers, sex in restaurants and God knows what else, and we'll end up paying for it. OUR GUY - an alum from the City - still leaves us for all that. The narrative will be so much fun to deal with for a while. But, like everything else in life, time will pass, we will move on, Xavier will continue to win and develop its own legacy, and so forth and so on...
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    Here's some spin for you - maybe Hurley took the UConn job because he knew Mack wasn't leaving.
    Maybe Sean Miller withdrew his name at Pittsburgh because he knows Mack *is* leaving.